Will Spamgourmet Hide My IP Address From The Email Receiver?

Use this forum to get help.

Will Spamgourmet Hide My IP Address From The Email Receiver?

Postby Nightbird » Mon May 29, 2006 7:03 pm

For privacy reasons, I am looking for an email service that will hide my IP address from the receiver of the email, especially since I use Bellsouth DSL and my IP address is the same all the time. The IP address can usually be seen when people click on "full headers" when they receive an email. Does spamgourmet hide my IP address from receivers, and if not, can anyone recommend an email service that does? Thanks! :wink:
Nightbird

Re: Will Spamgourmet Hide My IP Address From The Email Recei

Postby de552 » Tue May 30, 2006 9:16 am

If I remember right Gmail doesn't include source ip in headers. Instead of it there is reference number, which can be used for tracking later if it's required.
de552

Postby josh » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:55 am

spamgourmet doesn't hide the IP address - that is, it doesn't change any existing header on messages, coming or going, except to modify the email addresses in the case of address masking, and the subject line to add that little paranthetical tagline at the end. Our research indicated that changing email headers in an attempt to conceal the originating computer was a crime in some states, and so we didn't want to push our luck. To be clear, address masking (a feature of spamgourmet) hides your email address, but not your IP address.
josh

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...