Whitelisting Filtered Address Mail is a Pain

Use this forum to get help.

Whitelisting Filtered Address Mail is a Pain

Postby Firefairy » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:36 pm

So, I'm enjoying the hell out of being able to have spamgourmet cover the mail both directions so I don't have to mess with the header info to avoid exposing my real address, but some of the newsletters I'm getting don't come from the exact domain I expected, and while I think I'm guessing right as to the original domain, it would be nice to be sure.

Maybe there could be a widget on the site that lets me drop in a filtered address and get the original information out? Like this:

Drop in
<+gaming+bob+somehexcode.CNET_Networks_Member_Services#newsletters.online.com(at sign) spamgourmet.com>

And get the spamgourmet address it was sent to and the address it was sent from. If I'm reading it right, in this case that would be:

Sent to: gaming.X.bob at spamgourmet.com (or whatever domain and number were actually used)

From name: CNET Networks Member Services

From address: newsletters at online.com

It would save a good bit of grief from guessing wrong or grabbing the wrong part in cut and paste. I'm also not entirely sure if this is the reply-to address from the original mail or the from address. I guess I'll find out when I whitelist it. :-)

FF

Edit by syskoll: neutralized address
Firefairy

Postby SysKoll » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:43 am

Not a bad idea. But you are quicker at guessing than we are at deploying new features! Plus, it's not hard.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby Firefairy » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:43 am

So, I am at least guessing right? It was a bit confusing with the extra dots in the original domain. :?

FF
Firefairy

Postby SysKoll » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:08 pm

You were guessing right, that's exactly how forwarding addresses are built.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...