Messages not reaching SG?

Use this forum to get help.

Messages not reaching SG?

Postby Geode » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:11 am

Hi,

I've tried sending test messages from three different e-mail accounts (my ISP, my employer, and GMail) to one of my spamgourmet addresses, but none of them are getting forwarded. The message counts aren't changing at all, either. How likely is it that messages from three different sources are unable to reach the SG servers?
Geode

Postby Baobaba » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:18 am

Hi,

First of all, thanks for this (usually) great service.

But for now, I too have the same problem: the mail sent through SG doesn't reach my forwarding email address (I have used PG before, and except on one occasion two years ago, it always worked flawlessly, and my email IS working: I'm able to send and receive email normally).

Earlier today I gave an SG address to register on a forum, and not having received the confirmation/activation message after more than half an hour, I tried to send myself a message using the same PG address (for which only 1 of 20 "message slots" has been used), and it didn't work either. And a few minutes ago, I received messages from my ISP saying that spamgourmet.com was refusing the message I sent to myself. Hope you can help,

Thanks in advance.
See the documentary "The Money Masters". It's the most important movie you'll ever see!
Baobaba

Postby Geode » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:34 pm

As a follow-up, it looks like the messages did get through, eventually - they took about 12 hours to get delivered, though. Probably just a net hiccup...

Oh, and thanks also for the SG service.
Geode

Postby Baobaba » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:24 pm

Once again, same here. The messages came in this morning, around 12 hours after they were sent. And it seems like it might have been just a fluke, because I just sent myself another message, and it came in very fast (within a minute or two).

So I guess it's "case closed".
See the documentary "The Money Masters". It's the most important movie you'll ever see!
Baobaba

Postby SvekY » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:32 pm

Baobaba wrote:(....) So I guess it's "case closed".

People, I need help. Something is too slow in my case.

My incoming mail server is pop.t-com.hr and my ISP is T-com. When I send a test message from my webmail, it takes about 15 minutes to pass to spamgourmet and back to T-com.

This test message was sent today 7.3.2006 at 12:30 GMT or 13:30--timezone +1 (CET)

Is this suposed to happen and is it normal??? :?:
SvekY

Postby Baobaba » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:27 am

@ SvekY

Well, after I read your post, I sent myself an email using one of my SG address, half an hour ago, to do a test, and I haven't reveived it yet! So I guess my "case closed" was a bit premature...

I'll let you know when I'll receive the message.

Meanwhile, it would be nice if one of the admin could tell us if those kind of delays should be considered normal or not (by the way, on my side of things, the net is working normally (i.e.: the brosing speed is normal, my non-SG are as fast as they usually are).
Baobaba

Postby Baobaba » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:16 am

Just got a message from my ISP to the effect that it could not deliver the message I sent to myself, through an SG address, more than two hours ago.

There's something a little bit strange in my ISP message, in that it says "Operation timed out with gourmet.spamgourmet.com" (instead of simply "spamgourmet.com"). Here's an edited part of the message (I replaced my SG address with "X's"):
-------------------------------------------------------------
<xxxxx.20.xxxxxxx@spamgourmet.com>... Deferred: Operation timed out with gourmet.spamgourmet.com.
Warning: message still undelivered after 2 hours
Will keep trying until message is 2 days old
-------------------------------------------------------------

Can anybody tell me if the "gourmet.spamgourmet.com" part is supposed to be like that (is the "gourmet" in front of ".spamgourmet.com" supposed to be there)?

To recapitulate regarding the delays: two days ago, it took 12 hours to get some messages, yesterday it took 1 or 2 minutes, and today I haven't received my message after two hours. It seems like there might be something wrong with the SG server(s).

Admin comment / respond would be appreciated...
Baobaba

Postby Baobaba » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:29 am

Update: I just received the test email I sent myself almost 5 hours ago!
Baobaba

Server was down

Postby SysKoll » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:05 pm

The mail server was down for a reason that has yet to be determined. Josh restarted it and the mail queue is now being delivered.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby Baobaba » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:13 am

Thanks for the info.

Do you think that's what happened Tuesday too (12 hours delay)? Is it possible that Tuesday the server was down and restarted by itself (SG started to work normally again Tuesday, before it "broke" down once more wednesday)?
Baobaba

Postby datenschlumpf » Mon May 22, 2006 11:58 am

Today I noticed that I seem to have the same problem. No emails sent to any of my spamgourmet addresses are being forwarded to my real email account (which is fully working in all other aspects). Sending test mails does not increase the mail counters as well. Any idea how to track this down?
datenschlumpf

Postby SysKoll » Thu May 25, 2006 9:26 pm

Datenschlumpf, can you send me a PM with your sg user ID?
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby datenschlumpf » Sat May 27, 2006 7:42 am

@SysKoll: Done :)

It turned out that the mail server didn't answer connect attempts (telnet gourmet.spamgourmet.com 25 -> no answer) for quite some time. My test messages arrived a day later or two, and the mail I was waiting for didn't get sent at all (not my fault, at least). So I guess there wasn't any mail lost (blessing in disguise *g*). Sorry for the late answer to inform that the case is somewhat solved, but I'm very busy at the moment. You know, the projects that are due yesterday... ;)
datenschlumpf

Postby de552 » Mon May 29, 2006 5:51 am

I just verified in another thread that 35% of connections got lost. And that really sucks...
de552

Postby de552 » Tue May 30, 2006 9:17 am

I sent 3 hours a go 5 test messages to my self. And only one of those has arrived yet and it's message number 4 so 1,2,3 and 5 are still missing. Maybe I'll receive those during day or maybe not. I'll report that later.
de552

Next

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...