yahoo is wacked

Use this forum to get help.

yahoo is wacked

Postby kissablehollybug » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:39 am

hey!! i need some help here...my yahoo password was changed, and now i cant get it back, i guess my account info was changed too....can you tell me how to fix this??? also...i think my hotmail account expired, it keeps saying that my username is not found....what should i do? please help....
kissablehollybug

Postby SysKoll » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:02 pm

You probably have one or more keylogger Trojans on your Windows machine. These are programs that install either sneakily (disguised as a screen saver or a small games for instance) or even without your knowledge through IE and Outlook flaws. These programs capture passwords and account info and upload the data to pirate servers. Pirates then use the account info to take over accounts, generally to use the accounts for fraudulent purposes.

There is nothing you can do if you don't disinfect your machine first. Get some anti-adware and some antivirus.

Generally, frauders will use such account to engage in scams, e.g. sell inexistant items on eBay. So once your machine is clean, make sure you contact the Yahoo fraud dept.

Let us know if you want more detailed procedures, names of antivirus programs, etc.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...