send a message from one of your disposable addresses?

Use this forum to get help.

send a message from one of your disposable addresses?

Postby PhotoJoe » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:07 am

I was wondering if the email address created by:

"send a message from one of your disposable addresses"

feature of the website was just a one shot deal or could I store that address in my address book to use whenever I wanted to send that person an email. I already have address masking enable for replies.

I have several friends and family that love to Fw: Fw: Fw: email messages. So I wanted to keep my private email address off the chain. I have these people set up with their own address to me and set as exclusive sender. I use this format:

"their name.to.myusername@dfgh.net"

for example:

Smith.to.jpbme@dfgh.net
PhotoJoe
PhotoJoe

Postby josh » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:34 pm

you can put those in your address book -- they continue to work later. Realize that if the address expires and the recipient is not whitelisted (trusted or exclusive sender), that you may not receive the recipient's reply, though.
josh

Postby PhotoJoe » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:15 pm

Thanks Josh,

The people that I want to set-up this way are the one that I have set-up as exclusive sender.

I do have one question. What do you mean by whitelisted?

I know what it means in my email program. But does it have some special meaning for spamgourmet?

Realize that if the address expires and the recipient is not whitelisted (trusted or exclusive sender), that you may not receive the recipient's reply, though.
PhotoJoe
PhotoJoe

Postby SysKoll » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:42 am

Semantic abuse alert again, Josh! :-)

PhotoJoe, Josh means that the special address generated by the "send an email from one of your disposables" do not give any special status to the selected recipient. In other words, counters are still in force. If you want that person to be a trusted sender, you have to do it manually.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby PhotoJoe » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:33 pm

Thanks, I understand now. I have must have been tired the first time I read the message, because now it makes perfect sense.

PhotoJoe
PhotoJoe
PhotoJoe

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...