can't "refill"

Use this forum to get help.

can't "refill"

Postby burnt » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:06 pm

I am allowing all cookies but advanced mode won't show me the address I want to refill. I'm logged in ok. What am I supposed to type in the box in advanced mode? Is "refill" still enabled? I have found it useful. When I send myself a test message, it says "4 of 20", so my disposable address is in there somewhere, but I can't get to it. The options such as "word" and the others going across just make up or down arrows when clicked but nothing's there. What am I missing or forgetting to do, or is the refill option terminated? Thanks. :?:
burnt

Postby josh » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:07 pm

when you see that screen, are you logged in? It should say so over on the left of the screen. If you're not logged in, then it's probably a cookie problem. If you are logged in, then either a) all your addresses are hidden, or b) could you be logged in under another account?

If you are logged in, it should say how many disposable addresses you have -- if it's more than zero, but you see nothing when you search with "include hidden addresses" checked, then something's amiss.
josh

I found it!

Postby burnt » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:46 pm

I found what I did wrong. I seem to have registered on different occasions under 2 different user-names, even though I only ever used one "real address". I visit the site rarely and must have failed to realize that my log-in user-name has to be the same as the user-name I utilize in my disposable address.

I have a 2 suggestions to prevent others from making my dumb mistake:

1. Put a sentence in the log-in area saying, "This needs to be the same user name you intend to use in your disposable addresses".
2. Put some code in the operating software that says, "Hey! You already registered a different user name with this "real address. are you sure you know what you are doing?" - whenever someone tries to register more than one user name for the same "real address". Thank you.
burnt

Postby SysKoll » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:49 pm

1. Put a sentence in the log-in area saying, "This needs to be the same user name you intend to use in your disposable addresses".

Actually, I believe this is implied by the explanation you see in the no-brainer mode. Do you think this is not clear?
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...