How do i correctly configure my own personal domain?

Use this forum to get help.

How do i correctly configure my own personal domain?

Postby Darq » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:11 pm

Sorry for the newbie-type request. I tried googling for information and reading through this board, but I just don't understand it fully to try anything out.

I know I can forward all my email from whatever.user(at)mydomain.com to spameater(at)spamgourmet.com and everything will work, but I saw that this was the less preferred way. I'd like to use the "correct" way, so here's my request.

On RegisterFly, they allow you to control the A , MX , MXE , or CNAME settings for your domain. Which, if any, of these settings do I need to modify, and what values should I enter?

Finally, I see that recently, we were required to now notify sg of our new domain. Will an email to info(at)spamgourmet.com suffice?

I end up forwarding ALL my email to my gmail.com account, and would like to further "filter" my emails over there by using my own domains -- they only end up costing about $8 a year anyways -- the rest can go towards SG donations! ;)
Darq

Postby SysKoll » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:59 pm

I believe you should set your domain's MX to gourmet.spamgourmet.com and its A record to 216.218.230.146 (Josh, is that right?)
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby crazycomputers » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:19 pm

SysKoll wrote:I believe you should set your domain's MX to gourmet.spamgourmet.com and its A record to 216.218.230.146 (Josh, is that right?)

Based on my SG domain setup, yes.
Real programmers don't comment their code. It was hard to write; it should be hard to understand.
crazycomputers

Postby josh » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:59 am

the MX way works well -- just set the MX to gourmet.spamgourmet.com. But... you have to tell us about it so that we can configure the mail server and spamgourmet code to handle the domain. Otherwise you'll get bouncebacks.
josh

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...