Free mail provider do not allow sending with a from you like

Use this forum to get help.

Free mail provider do not allow sending with a from you like

Postby ompul » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:19 am

Hi,

sending a mail from a mail-client does not work, because one needs to indicate a smtp-server.

My free-mail-provider (GMX) does not allow to use a from as you like.

The error message appears:
"Sender address does not belong to user".

How do you sent your mails with a spamgourmet address from your mail application?

Thanks.
ompul

Postby SysKoll » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:43 pm

Where do you get that error message? In your email client? in a rejected email? In a browser?

Consider using another email provider. I sugest gmail. Send me a private message if you need an invitation.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby ompul » Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:52 pm

SysKoll wrote:Where do you get that error message? In your email client? in a rejected email?

Exactly.
SysKoll wrote:Consider using another email provider. I sugest gmail. Send me a private message if you need an invitation.

Thank you for your offer. May be I come back to this. :)

Isn't it typical for freemailers, that they do not allow to sent mails with a free from - to prevent other of spam?

I wonder that gmail allows to send with a free from.
ompul

Postby josh » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:44 am

I think gmail allows you to add other "from" addresses -- you have to set up each one.

Have you checked out the "send from" functionality in spamgourmet? Log in and go to advanced mode - you can access it from the main advanced mode page or from any of the detail pages for your disposable addresses. It will generate a special "to:" address that you should be able to use with GMX that will forward through spamgourmet, which will substitute the proper disposable address for your gmx address in the from: field.
josh

Postby ompul » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:22 pm

josh wrote:I think gmail allows you to add other "from" addresses -- you have to set up each one.

OK, that is to much work.
Finally I like to change the from inside my mail-client "in a moment".
Nothing to do anywhere else.

Another argument I just heard in a german forum:
Typical spam filters eliminate mails which have a difference between the server which delivers and the domain part of the from.

Result:
When one wants to use spamgourmet from you mail client, spamgourmet has to offer a possibility to send mails about its server.
That will not happen, when I remember the FAQ correctly.

josh wrote:Have you checked out the "send from" functionality in spamgourmet? Log in and go to advanced mode - you can access it from the main advanced mode page or from any of the detail pages for your disposable addresses. It will generate a special "to:" address that you should be able to use with GMX that will forward through spamgourmet, which will substitute the proper disposable address for your gmx address in the from: field.

Sorry, I could not follow.
I you like: could you please create an example of the path a mail will take and how it changes its headers - if one uses the method you described above?

Important: How will typical spam-filters react to this method?
Will they match on this method?
Then nothing is won.

Thank you for listening.
ompul

Postby SysKoll » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:31 pm

Ompui wrote:

Sorry, I could not follow.
I you like: could you please create an example of the path a mail will take and how it changes its headers - if one uses the method you described above?

Lesen Sie bitte die Profimodus Seite in spamgourmet. Um die deutsche Sprache zu w?hlen, klicken Sie mal auf der deutschen Fahne im Seitenrand der Linke. Klicken Sie "Senden Sie eine Nachricht von einer Ihrer Wegwerfadressen". Lesen Sie bitte alles.

Viel Gl?ck!

Oh, and could german speakers actually contact Ompui to explain how use the "send email from one of your disposable" function? My German is pitiful.
Ich habe vergessen.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...