Reply not masked

Use this forum to get help.

Reply not masked

Postby itsmehon » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:54 am

I guess I'm doing something wrong (as usual) - I tested SG and sent myself email from Yahoo account, using a made up name. I got it all right (in my Hotmail account), but when I replied I checked the reply at Yahoo and it showed my real address (Hotmail account).

I thought that maybe I didn't check the Mask Reply (although it's the default option) so I checked the other box, and again - same result, my reply (a new one) again showed my real Hotmail account.

Am I doing something wrong? :shock:

Thanks for your input.
itsmehon

Postby josh » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:29 pm

Was the reply "From:" you hotmail account, or did it show up somewhere else?

In you hotmail account, can you look at the "sent items" (or whatever it's called) and see the reply message? Was it sent to a special redirection address (e.g., +word+user+stuff.account#yahoo.com@spamgourmet.com)?

If not, was the message you received initially from your yahoo account to your hotmail account "From:" a redirection address like that?
josh

Postby itsmehon » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:49 pm

Hi Josh,

1. The reply I got at Yahoo shows "From:" my Hotmail account (not from my account at SG, as expected).

2. The copy of my reply from Hotmail shows it was sent directly to me at Yahoo, no special redirection address, no mention of SG whatsoever.

3. The message I got from Yahoo, which was sent to SG, indeed shows it was sent to my account at SG, as expected.

To recap, this is what I did:
I sent email from Yahoo to Hotmai, to my address at SG, and then replied from Hotmail to Yahoo by hitting Reply. By the way, when I hit Reply I saw that it was addressed directly to my account at Yahoo and *if* I was supposed to see redirection at the "To" field - I didn't see it.

Thanks for your help.
itsmehon

Postby SysKoll » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:27 pm

I think you might have a problem with hotmail here. In order to isolate the cause, I suggest that you redo your experiment, but this time, change the protected address of your sg account to a non-hotmail provider before resending an email from Yahoo.

If you want a gmail account, just let me know and I'll send you an invite.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby itsmehon » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:53 pm

I found out what was wrong ? as usual, it was me :cry:

Mistakenly I assumed that all options are enabled by default, and obviously this is not the case. Hence my unmasked replies.

I can only say to my defense (hopefully you?ll buy it) that it?s a bit confusing choosing an option, since one has to click either to the right or left side of the Enable option while the Disable is underneath Enable. Oh well, I guess I?m looking for excuses?

The other day I *thought* I changed to the Enable option but I guess I wasn?t logged on and the change wasn?t saved.

Long story short ? I logged on, changed the Masking option, and voila ? it works perfectly with Hotmail and Yahoo, as expected.

Thank you much, both Josh and SksKoll, for helping out.
itsmehon

Postby SysKoll » Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:20 am

Uh ho, Josh, they are catching up. Time to make the interface more confusing...
:-)
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...