First email getting eaten

Use this forum to get help.

First email getting eaten

Postby SkiToDie » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:15 pm

I've had 2 disposable addresses created in the past week, and for each address I did not receive the first email. One of the addresses has only sent one email, which I did not receive, and the only reason I noticed it is because I see that the account was created and it says that 1 email has been sent. The other address has forwarded 2 subsequent emails, but the first email was never received.

I haven't checked to see if this has happened to any other address. I mainly noticed these because they were online purchases and I'm trying to sort out some order issues. Of course, not having the emails is not helping my cause. But that's the stuff that keeps life interesting, I guess.
SkiToDie

Postby josh » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:26 pm

Haven't seen that happen -- I'll do some tests.
josh

Postby SysKoll » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:27 pm

SkiToDie, what ISP are you using for your protected address?
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby SkiToDie » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:39 pm

I'm using Hotmail.
SkiToDie

Postby SysKoll » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:12 pm

SkiToDie,

We have had users report specific Hotmail problems in the past. It seems Hotmail has some peculiarities that might hamper us.

Please search in the forums for "hotmail" using the search function and let us know. Also, if you want, I can send you an invite to google mail so that you can use gmail.com as your protected address. gmail works well.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...