Compuserve eating spamgourmet?

Use this forum to get help.

Compuserve eating spamgourmet?

Postby caballoloco » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:28 pm

Hello, yesterday I created a new @spamgourmet address in the form of xxxx.##.username@spamgourmet.com

I supposssibly have four (maybe 5) emails from those I gave this address to, but they are not delivered to my real email address.

I use POP3 Outlook Express, and I know my settings there are OK as I receive mail addressed to myaddess@compuserve.com just fine.

I suspect compuserve must be blocking emails forwarded by spamgourmet? Can anything be done about this?

Thank you.
caballoloco

Postby SysKoll » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:29 pm

Check you spam folder in Outlook and in the compuserve account.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby caballoloco » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:41 pm

There is no spam folder in either Outlook nor in my Compuserve account.

The messages are simply being deleted from server, without sending to my accout at all.

In fact I sent myself one message (email), from a different account just to test this theory and did NOT receive it, but the front page of spamgourmet now says I have six emails (had 5 before), and none eaten, etc...

"Your message stats: 6 forwarded, 0 eaten."

Oh, and I have "Notify me when a reply is posted" checked in Options, at the bottom of this reply box, :? and was NOT notified about this reply, so evidently Compuserve does not forward, and does delete messages from spamgourmet.

My original question remains: Can anything be done about this?

P.s. I'll keep checking here for an answer, as I know I won't receive an email notification :roll:

Oh, I am also inquiring in the Compuserve forum and the only reply I've gotten there so far is this: "Do the senders receive a non-delivery error report? If so what does it say?"

How do I know if Spamgourmet IS receiving a "...non-delivery error report"?

Thanks in advance again.
caballoloco

Postby SysKoll » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:08 pm

TO start with, please send me a private message with your sg user name and the compuserve account you you sent these messages to. I'll check in the log.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby caballoloco » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:01 pm

I tried pm'ing you, but my message is still in my outbox. Can't figure out how to send it.

Could you tell me how?

Thanks again.
caballoloco

Postby SysKoll » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:31 am

I received your private message, caballoloco. I am looking at the log.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...