Cant' read message - Autoconverted

Use this forum to get help.

Cant' read message - Autoconverted

Postby Finist » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:14 pm

hello, a'm use u perfect service

but i have one little problem

I can't read Messages from one of my e-mail sender (Game Server Password reminder Robot)

in message header i have string:

X-MIME-Autoconverted: from 8bit to base64 by gourmet.spamgourmet.com id j2BCq5Jn003276

and message is fully unreadable for me (

And Now I cant recive my new game server password (

Can U help me ?
Finist

Postby Finist » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:17 pm

And more - message in Russian National Coding

if any help possible plz e-mail me:

spamgf.10.finist
--at sign
spamgourmet.com

Syskoll: edit to avoid address harvesting
Finist

Postby josh » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:08 am

whoa -- I did a google search for that, and here's what I found:

This is caused by the fact, that in the course of delivery, my mail server receives from your mail server the warning message informing that it cannot receive the text (8bit). Because of this, my mail server has to encode the text in such a way, as to allow your server receive the message (7bit).

These problems are caused by the settings of Your mail server, and I strongly recommend you to contact Your provider and/or administrator. I cannot do their job for them !

Unlike the person who wrote that, I can't even appear to know the details, but it does look like perhaps your mail server stated that it was unable to accept 8-bit charsets, and so ours fell back to base-64 encoding.

One way to troubleshoot, if you can, would be to temporarily change your forwarding address to somewhere else (a gmail or yahoo account or something) and get the message to be sent again -- hopefully, the new server could handle 8-bit, and you'd see the message. If so, then you might contact your service provider to see what can be done.
josh

Postby SysKoll » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:58 am

Finist,

There are programs that convert base64 to text. What OS are you running?
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:05 am

For Windoze, go to http://www.fourmilab.ch/webtools/base64/base64.zip It's a beaut!!

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...