user abuse?

Use this forum to get help.

user abuse?

Postby Shayne » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:49 pm

I use a SG address for my yahoogroups.

I recently got a reactivate message because it had been bouncing.

When I checked the bounce history it showed this error msg:

Remote host said: 553 5.3.0 DENY Temporary rejection due to spamgourmet user abuse
[MAIL_FROM]

What does that mean?
Shayne

Postby josh » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:53 pm

I apologize -- we were receiving over 40 messages per second to one disposable address from yahoo's bulk servers, and I had to temporarily block them to bring the service back to normal. Had I known it was going to cause that problem I would have looked longer for another approach.
josh

Thanks

Postby Shayne » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:17 pm

That's fine, I was just a bit concerned that the way I am using SG might have been considered abuse....

I thought I was just using it the way it was intended (and it seems I am safe!!)
Shayne

mail from s g DOT com admin etc.

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:35 am

josh wrote:I apologize -- we were receiving over 40 messages per second to one disposable address from yahoo's bulk servers, and I had to temporarily block them to bring the service back to normal. Had I known it was going to cause that problem I would have looked longer for another approach.

Thanks for this great service you are providing

One of my SG addresses - connected a particular yahoo group, called iyer123 AT yahoogroups DOT com has suddenly overflown

When I check the log of the last 3 eaten mail I see that they are from

admin AT spamgourmet DOT com
support AT spamgourmet DOT com
webmaster AT spamgourmet DOT com
etc...

I feel these warning messages FROM s/g should NOT BE COUNTED in mail count and they should NOT be eaten by SG - as they are intended to alert the recepient / "the real address owner"

Thanks in adv

Postby SysKoll » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:28 pm

When I check the log of the last 3 eaten mail I see that they are from

admin AT spamgourmet DOT com
support AT spamgourmet DOT com
webmaster AT spamgourmet DOT com

These messages are not from SG. They are spam messages containing fishing attempts. The "To:" field is easy to forge and is not a proof of origin. So of course we count these messages. Aren't you glad they got eaten?
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...