User Account Missing

Use this forum to get help.

User Account Missing

Postby staggers » Tue May 31, 2005 2:54 pm

I saw in the news that there was a hard drive failure back on the 18th, but I did receive an E-mail at one of my disposable addresses on the 24th. Now, however, my main account is gone, even trying the password reset tells me it's an invalid account. Is their any chance it'll come back or do I need to recreate it? I had dozens of trusted senders and also dozens of addresses locked to specific senders so I really hope the data's not gone. My account name was staggers.
staggers

same thing has happened to me

Postby username » Tue May 31, 2005 5:05 pm

my account seems to be gone too. this sucks.

any info on this?

thanks
username

same thing has happened to me

Postby username » Tue May 31, 2005 5:06 pm

username wrote:my account seems to be gone too. this sucks.

any info on this?

thanks

the error message i see when i submit the proper username|forwarding address combo:

"Password reset message was not sent - invalid username or forwarding address"
username

Re: same thing has happened to me

Postby staggers » Tue May 31, 2005 5:47 pm

username wrote:the error message i see when i submit the proper username|forwarding address combo:

"Password reset message was not sent - invalid username or forwarding address"

It's completely gone, I just recreated mine because I realized I had some things coming that I couldn't afford to miss (for one a $15 Amazon.com gift certificate that hopefully hasn't been sent yet :shock: ). I hope the old info can be restored, but for now I have to have the forwarding working. :cry:
staggers

Postby josh » Tue May 31, 2005 11:31 pm

I've restored all the missing accounts (definitely you username and you staggers), except for a few people who had created new ones -- try to log in.

This really sucks -- sorry about it. I still haven't heard back from our service provider about getting new hardware, but hoperfully we'll have that worked out soon.

For now, the database is running on a different hard drive, so we don't expect more corruption.
josh

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...