Trusted Sender List

Use this forum to get help.

Trusted Sender List

Postby mandoskippy » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:19 pm

I am having difficulty with the Trusted Sender Option. when an Email is sent to only the address. (Lists@WhateverDomain.COM) It gets falgged as trusted (correctly) If that name is first in the list. Then It gets flagged as trusted (correctly) (i.e. lists@domain.com, someuser@someotherdomain.com) If the order of the addresses is different. i.e. if we are on mailing list and someone out there does a reply to all and puts the name of the person they are talking with on the list first THEN the name of the trusted address comes (i.e. someotheruser@someotherdomain.com, lists@domain.com) then it decriments my message count. Even those this case is one of those where I don't want it decriment. I am hoping there is a tech fix on SG because retraining the worlds email users to not use reply to all may prove difficult.

Any advice is welcome!
mandoskippy

Re: Trusted Sender List

Postby mcarland » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:34 pm

I'm having a similar problem, but most of the messages sent from the list have the list name in the CC field.

Is spamgourmet supposed to match trusted senders with the CC field, or have a configured something incorrectly?

Thanks!

-Michael
mcarland

Postby josh » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:00 pm

spamgourmet only matches "trusted" senders against the From: field. It matches "exclusive" senders against the To: field, but not very reliably at this point.

We have a "beta" version that addresses this problem. You can try it if you like -- just use one of these domains for a disposable address:

beta.spamgourmet.net
beta.xoxy.net
beta.recursor.net
beta.antichef.net

and the new code will be invoked. Don't use them for anything permanent, as we'll probably retire these domains when we move the new code into "production"
josh

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:03 am

josh wrote:spamgourmet only matches "trusted" senders against the From: field. It matches "exclusive" senders against the To: field, but not very reliably at this point.

Will the code in the beta match against the CC field as well?

-Michael

Postby josh » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:00 pm

the new code matches exclusive senders against the cc list as well as the to list
josh

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...