xoxy.net down?

Use this forum to get help.

xoxy.net down?

Postby thePilgrim » Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:01 pm

I am not getting any SG E-mails thru xoxy.net. Is xoxy.net down, or not forwarding any more?
thePilgrim

Postby josh » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:51 pm

nothing unusual is going on -- could it be anything else?
josh

Postby thePilgrim » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:22 am

josh wrote:nothing unusual is going on -- could it be anything else?

Well of course it could be something else.... I am not getting anything thru SG. I have tried an address like test.z.thepilgrim@spamgourmet.com, nothing. Doesn't get thru. I tested my forwarding address, i'ts OK. I looked and it looks like maybe I have gotten nothing thru since December. So that brings up the question, is there still some backlog from the problem you had back then? Could you look to see if anything is backlogged for thepilgrim?

This is making SG useless for me...
thePilgrim

Postby SysKoll » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:42 pm

Emails are going through.

What's the ISP of your forwarding address? Is it gmail?
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby thePilgrim » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:15 am

SysKoll wrote:Emails are going through.

What's the ISP of your forwarding address? Is it gmail?

VALUEWEB.NET hosts my organization's web and E-mail.

The forwarding address is pilgrim. ******SANITIZED BY SYSKOLL
Domain is madscitech.org

Yesterday I looked at my Advanced Mode page again to see if anything looked amiss and I noticed that "Watchword Enforcement" was enabled. I disabled that (as I have never used or made up addresses with watchwords) but I am still not getting anything thru. I have no idea how that got enabled.
So would that mess things up still?
thePilgrim

Another point

Postby thePilgrim » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:29 am

Also, last night I made up a new address and tried to E-mail to it. As of a couple minutes ago, that address still had not appeared in my list of addresses on this website. So something is wrong with SG or the web interface.
thePilgrim

Postby josh » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:27 am

well...

deepest apologies - maybe the database got confused during the outage in december - one of the data values in your user record was way, way off (the one that keeps track of how many messages have been received during a recent block of time to avoid a denial of service attack), and so the system was treating your account as if it were under attack. I cleared the value and it should be working again. I also checked the rest of the database and yours was the only record like that (feel lucky?). Anyway - my bad, somehow - and I hope you can enjoy the service again.
josh

Postby thePilgrim » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:24 pm

josh wrote:well...

deepest apologies - maybe the database got confused during the outage in december - one of the data values in your user record was way, way off (the one that keeps track of how many messages have been received during a recent block of time to avoid a denial of service attack), and so the system was treating your account as if it were under attack. I cleared the value and it should be working again. I also checked the rest of the database and yours was the only record like that (feel lucky?). Anyway - my bad, somehow - and I hope you can enjoy the service again.

Yes! Got your test message, and one of mine. It is working again. Thanks! javascript:emoticon(':D')
Very Happy
thePilgrim

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...