exclusive sender

Use this forum to get help.

exclusive sender

Postby c7 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:07 pm

Hallo,

can I write MORE THAN ONE "exclusive sender" ?

Which character I have to take between the adresses ??

Can I take domains as "exclusive sender" ? How??

Can I take characters like * in the "exclusive sender"-address?
example: *@yahoo.de ???

thanks!
c7

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:38 pm

exclusive sender uses regex style matching -- use the pipe | between "or" elements (don't use a space). The dot is a wild card character, not the asterisk. There's no need to specify a wild card character at the beginning or end of an element, though.

Thank you

Postby c7 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:23 am

Anonymous wrote:exclusive sender uses regex style matching -- use the pipe | between "or" elements (don't use a space). The dot is a wild card character, not the asterisk. There's no need to specify a wild card character at the beginning or end of an element, though.

Thank you very much for your answer! It will help me :P
c7

Postby chibiricky » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:34 am

Anonymous wrote:exclusive sender uses regex style matching -- use the pipe | between "or" elements (don't use a space). The dot is a wild card character, not the asterisk. There's no need to specify a wild card character at the beginning or end of an element, though.

Sorry, but do you mean that if I write "abc.com" in the exclusive sender it would match "abc123com.net"?

Also, if a dot matches a string (instead of dot-asterisk), it's not the unix regex for sure. Can someone tell me more special characters in this kind of expressions?

Thanks!
chibiricky

Postby maratheamit » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:32 pm

The dot will match any single character. The asterix will match zero or more occurences of the preceding pattern. So "abc123com" will match the pattern "abc.*com" but not match the pattern "abc.com".
maratheamit

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...