Forum's cookie forces "auto log in"!

Use this forum to get help.

Forum's cookie forces "auto log in"!

Postby lwc » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:29 pm

Hi!

I'm not sure where to ask forum support related questions, but I guess the regular "support" would do...

See, ever since a week ago or so, I can longer log in this forum without choosing "Log me on automatically each visit"!

If I don't select it, it just takes me back to the main page where I am shown again as a guest user.

I allow the forum's cookie and, just to make sure, exited the browser and deleted it, but it still happens.

It used to always work.

If you changed the forum's config to force it, at least make the choice enabled by default.

So what gives?
lwc

Postby lwc » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:32 pm

Today it just started working again!

Did someone fix it?

Strange...
lwc

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:48 am

A pox on all cookies and scripts! :x I go through so much trouble to keep them off. They should be removed from all of my favorite websites, including this one. :lol:

If it was so essential to have special settings at all, they could be communicated by portions of the link you would keep in your address book, no cookie required.

As for scripts, I have had online debates with "web designers" in which I showed how they were using scripts to do totally useless things, such as creating a menu (big deal! A list of links!). To prove my point, I would recreate their page without the offending script, yet make it appear exactly the same.

All of this comes from using automated authoring tools. :roll:

Postby josh » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:47 pm

don't know what was going on there - nothing changed on the website.

The only authoring tool we've used is vim http://www.vim.org
josh

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...