No emails since 8 days

Use this forum to get help.

No emails since 8 days

Postby nj0y » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:39 am

Hi,

since Monday, 13th of December 2004, I did not receive any email which was addressed to my spamgourmet account. I know of several messages that I should have been receiving, and my test emails do not reach me, too. I know, that there were several server problems at the beginning of the last week, but they should already have been solved.

When I login to my account, I see the number of forwarded and blocked emails, which both do not vary.

Any ideas?

Bye
nj0y

Postby gianni » Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:26 pm

Same situation but only today.
Gianni
gianni

Postby Boris » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:20 pm

Hi, I have the same problem (hic) !

Boris.
Boris

Postby Boris » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:23 pm

PS : my spamgourmet username is eboris

(sorry for the double post...)
Boris

Postby josh » Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:44 pm

We are *still* "behind the 8 ball". The queue is extremely large, and so I've throttled back message reception (along with the disabling of a few addresses that had gotten into the 100,000+ club) to lighten the load.

Things will seem random for awhile. If you send a test message, it may go through right away -- if you happen to catch the server at a CPU load that is low enough where it figures it doesn't have to queue. Meanwhile, it's chipping away at the queue, and I honestly don't know how long it'll take to clear it. I do the queue is getting progressively smaller rather than larger as it was in days past.
josh

Postby nj0y » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:22 pm

Ok, thank you for this statement and keep on providing this fine service! :)
nj0y

Postby josh » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:28 pm

OK - I disengaged the queue because there were so many files that I couldn't even do a 'ls' on the directory. The sheer size of the queue appears to be what was bogging down the server, because it's now operating quite smoothly. In my spare time, I'm going to develop strategies to deal with the big queue.

In the meantime, if you're expecting mail, shoot me an email with some of the details, and I may be able to pull it out and send it on its way.
josh

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...