Multiple addresses with the same word?!

Use this forum to get help.

Multiple addresses with the same word?!

Postby crazycomputers » Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:56 pm

After the server downtime a few days ago, I came back and found that the word "agendus" had been used multiple times (which I did request from a certain company) but that each message created a new "agendus" address. Two of the addresses were identical, and the other's only difference is the embedded message count. Can these be two rogue entries be deleted?
Real programmers don't comment their code. It was hard to write; it should be hard to understand.
crazycomputers

Postby crazycomputers » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:32 pm

Still waiting for a solution to this problem...
Real programmers don't comment their code. It was hard to write; it should be hard to understand.
crazycomputers

Postby SysKoll » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:14 pm

The multiple addresses for the same word were probably created because of simultaneous processing of the two messages. There is no way to delete a disposable in a user's record, but aside from aesthetical consideratons, does it really matter? WHere is the harm?
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby crazycomputers » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:59 am

So wouldn't that be considered a bug? Shouldn't there be some means of preventing this from happening?
crazycomputers

Postby SysKoll » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:18 am

It's not a bug, it's a limitation of the design: we have several messages processed in parallel and we don't lock the whole DB, so this kind of thing can happen. And we think it's OK because there is no real harm.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby josh » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:45 pm

It won't affect the functionality of the service at all (another reason why we treat it the way we do), and it only happens rarely (it's more likely to happen during periods of extreme stress, like in December) -- if it's bugging you, let me know the specifics and I'll delete the duplicate(s)
josh

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...