Confused

Use this forum to get help.

Confused

Postby c4un28 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:45 pm

I want to send a test e mail from here to my e mail provider and then send one back here from my e mail provider.

Each attempt has failed so far.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
c4un28

Postby SysKoll » Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:25 pm

What's your email provider? Did you turn on address masking?
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

confusion

Postby c4un28 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:15 pm

SysKoll wrote:What's your email provider? Did you turn on address masking?

I use ziplip.com web based provider. yes address masking is in effect.

Please reply soon.
c4un28

Postby SysKoll » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:16 am

Please describe exactly what you did. You say "Each attempt has failed so far.". That's a bit vague. Did you email from ziplip.com to an sg address?To which ISP is your protected address going to? What kind of email did you send (How long? Attachment?)
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:55 pm

SysKoll wrote:Please describe exactly what you did. You say "Each attempt has failed so far.". That's a bit vague. Did you email from ziplip.com to an sg address?To which ISP is your protected address going to? What kind of email did you send (How long? Attachment?)

Yes, I have been sending e mail from ziplip.com to a sg address.
Ziplip.com is a internet e mail only service. The e mail I sent consisted of only two words - test run.

Thanks for your continued help, even though I have still get around the learning curve on making this work.

Postby SysKoll » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:04 pm

You forgot the rest of the details: To which ISP does the destination sg address forward? Is it ziplip too?

Also, do you have any kind of spam filtering on ziplip that could be overzealous?

Finally, please send an email to the same sg address from ANOTHER (non-ziplip) accound and check if it's received.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:07 pm

SysKoll wrote:You forgot the rest of the details: To which ISP does the destination sg address forward? Is it ziplip too?

Also, do you have any kind of spam filtering on ziplip that could be overzealous?

Finally, please send an email to the same sg address from ANOTHER (non-ziplip) accound and check if it's received.

Answer: sg should forward all mail to ziplip where I have my main e mail address.

Answer: All I have is Spybot, Ad Aware and Clean Cache.

Answer: I should have thought of that myself, I will try my secondary e mail address and then check if is received.

Thanks.

Postby SysKoll » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:16 am

Answer: All I have is Spybot, Ad Aware and Clean Cache.

I was actually talking about spam filter on the Ziplip server, not on your Windows machine. Ziplip has configurable security policies, which can sometimes trigger false positives and put pick legitimate message away in a "spam" folder. Please check the policies for your account.

Answer: I should have thought of that myself, I will try my secondary e mail address and then check if is received.

Let us know.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

en lille test fra iw

Postby pluto@gaido.dk » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:20 am

min test :roll: javascript:emoticon(':roll:')
Rolling Eyes
pluto@gaido.dk

Re: en lille test fra iw

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:22 am

pluto@gaido.dk wrote:min test :roll: javascript:emoticon(':roll:')
Rolling Eyes

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...