Spamgourmet broken?

Use this forum to get help.

Spamgourmet broken?

Postby ian » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:38 pm

It appears that the spamgourmet mail server is broken.
No emails are currently being forwarded, and no bounces received.
I have sent two test mails over the last 24 hours - neither has arrived and my forwarded/eaten counters are static.

Is a repair likely? Have the mails been lost?
:(
ian

Postby josh » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:10 am

It's been working fine for me the last few days -- you sure it's broken?
josh

Postby SysKoll » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:46 am

Ian,

What ISP are you using for your protected address? Is it gmail?
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Sorry, my fault

Postby ian » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:19 pm

Sorry, I was misinterpreting results. In fact, my outgoing mail was broken - my machine was blackholing everything :-(
I was caught out by a new version of sendmail using "submit.cf" to handle locally-generated emails.

So all's well. 8)
ian

Friday, Nov 12 outage?

Postby jiminalaska » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:39 pm

Between about 9AM and 10AM AST (Alaska), the SG website appeared to have an outage (perhaps with the database) -- the "search address" function was not working at one point -- and nothing was working at another point.

Additionally, no email appears to have been forwarded since then -- even test messages that I sent to myself a few minutes ago (~11:30 AM). Test mails directly to the protected mailbox address were correctly received but test mails to the SG address were not fowarded.

Would other users confirm this?

Would the sysadmin post a recap and/or ETA on the restoration of services if there was/is an outage?

Thanks.
jiminalaska

Postby josh » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:59 pm

A big surge in traffic resulted in the disk volume that stores mail server logs getting full. It's been resolved. This would explain the outage, and should only result in a delay for email -- please let us know if your test messages don't arrive after awhile (it's up to the sending mail server how often to retry -- most do after 4 hours or so, but it could be more or less time).
josh

Postby jiminalaska » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:37 am

Thanks, josh... As you indicated, the missing emails were only delayed (as opposed to lost.) Have a great weekend!
jiminalaska

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...