Mail counter doesn't decrease?

Use this forum to get help.

Mail counter doesn't decrease?

Postby Irigy » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:50 am

I'm quite new to spamgourmet, DID read the FAQ and i'm still lost as to why this is happening.

Here's the situation:

I created a new watchword for my account.

It looked like this: watchword.9.username@spamgourmet.com

I used that adress for a mail exchange with someone.
When i got the first message it stated "1 of 9" in the subject. Then i used the spamgourmet site to create a return adress (to reply to the sender). The sender replied to my adress (as listed above) again, and the counter STILL said "1 of 9".

Why didn't it go down, and say "2 of 9"? All in all i received 6 mails by that sender, and it always stated "1 of 9". When i sent a test mail to my adress it DID go down, stating "2 of 9". What am i missing here?

Thanks a lot for this great service and any insights to my question!
Irigy

Postby josh » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:22 pm

It's possible that the "1 of 9" text didn't get stripped out of your reply like it was supposed to, and was still there when it got back to you. Is this sender listed as a trusted or exclusive sender?
josh

Postby Irigy » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:47 am

I made sure that this is not the case. I checked each time before replying that this part of subject was removed, but even if not - shouldn't it count up?
I received mails with different subject from that sender (who's not on the exclusive or trusted sender list) and it never went up. When i sent a test mail to that adress it promptley went up (2 of 9), but i received 7 mails on that adress all in all.
Irigy

Postby SysKoll » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:35 pm

Can you make sure the sender sends his email to your SG address and not directly to your protected mailbox?
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby josh » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:40 pm

good point -- if you don't have reply address masking enabled, your reply would have went straight back to the sender, and when the sender replied to it, it would have come straight back to you, without going through spamgourmet.
josh

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:45 pm

I guess i must sound quite stubborn, but i DID use the reply adress masking. All the mails i received look like this in the header:
Code: Select all
To: [my spamgourmet adress]

Received: from gourmet.spamgourmet.com (gourmet.spamgourmet.com [216.218.230.146])

So they all were forwarded by Spamgourmet, no?

Postby Irigy » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:47 pm

Anonymous wrote:I guess i must sound quite stubborn, but i DID use the reply adress masking. All the mails i received look like this in the header:
Code: Select all
To: [my spamgourmet adress]

Received: from gourmet.spamgourmet.com (gourmet.spamgourmet.com [216.218.230.146])

So they all were forwarded by Spamgourmet, no?

Uhhm, i forgot to login, i wrote that post. I can give you some real headers by PM, if that would help you...
Irigy

Postby SysKoll » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:45 am

Irigy,

Please send Josh or me (through PM) the complete headers of a message you received through sg from that sender.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...