Not forwarding all my mail.

Use this forum to get help.

Not forwarding all my mail.

Postby offby1 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:00 pm

I've just signed up for spamgourmet, which seems like a pretty nifty service, but there's some oddness in the forwarding:

The signup confirmation message from the BBS came in just fine, but the two test messages I sent previously, for all that they show up in the list of mails forwarded, have not yet gotten to my inbox.

I'm using gmail to send and receive, and my reply-to address is a personal domain. I've tried three different addresses, with and without watchwords enabled (when with, I had an empty watchword list)

The only one to make it through, as of 10 minutes after sending, is the confirmation from this BBS.

What's the deal? Is this just flat-out not going to work for me?
offby1

Postby SysKoll » Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:28 am

I just sent an email from my gmail account to my sg account (which forwards to a non-gmail ISP). It works fine.

In the left-hand side bar, gmail has a "All mail" link. Click on it. Do you see your test messages there? Gmail has a feature that avoids listing test messages sent to yourself. Try sending a message from another ISP and see what happens.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby offby1 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:42 am

Well, they're not in All Mail (had already checked that)

However, I do know that sg forwards just fine from other mailers, since this bbs is through a forwarder, in order to test it, and I get those no problems at all.
offby1

Postby SysKoll » Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:21 am

Gmail doesn't let you send message to yourself, apparently. Even through spamgourmet. Try sending from another ISP and see if sg forwards to gmail.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby offby1 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:58 pm

It lets me send a message directly to myself no trouble at all. (Just tested it, took 0 time whatsoever)

Is there any way to trace an image through spamgourmet? I mean, see the headers of the message that got sent out, even if it wasn't received?
offby1

Postby josh » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:00 pm

Gmail considers a message that you sent through spamgourmet to your own gmail account to be the "same" message as the one that's already in your gmail box that represents the one you sent.

Try sending a test message from somewhere else and see what happens.
josh

Oh....

Postby offby1 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:04 pm

Okay, THAT makes sense.

And would more than explain the pure weirdness of the issue.

Okay, all is good. However, this might be a good thing to toss in the FAQ -- that would have saved us all this hassle :)
offby1

Postby SysKoll » Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:04 am

Josh, that seems to be a sensible suggestion.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby josh » Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:39 pm

done (in the English version)
josh

Postby somedude » Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:13 am

That makes sense. Thanks for that info. I was going crazy (and slightly panicking heh) trying to figure why my test emails from gmail weren't working. So I loaded up my ole hotmail still not upgraded 2 meg account and tried sending from that after I saw this thread. Thanks!
somedude

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...