Help please - sg seems to have stopped decrementing!

Use this forum to get help.

Help please - sg seems to have stopped decrementing!

Postby saxobob » Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:38 am

Hello folks,

I've used sg for 2 years without a hitch, once a week re-incrementing a particular address (which has not yet been compromised) and using lots of others to self destruct.

This week I noticed my main account was still at 20 despite quite a few emails. I tried sending to that account from various non-trusted accounts.

Now this is what's changed - everything to the main account (from whatever sender) has the subject suffix

(<accountname> : addressed to exclusive sender for this account)

rather than the old

(<accountname> : message 10 of 20)

This is definitely new behaviour, and I don't remember changing anything.

Can anyone help please? It's not a particular problem at the moment as the address is still pretty spam free but it is bugging me.

Best regards and 1000 thanks in advance,
Rob
saxobob

Postby josh » Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:44 pm

did it really say "addressed to exclusive sender for this account"? Could it have been "addressed to exclusive sender for this address" or "addressed to trusted sender for this account"? If so, which one?

Does the address have an exclusive sender? Have you added any trusted senders recently?
josh

Postby saxobob » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:05 pm

Thanks Josh for taking the time to reply.

Yep, you're right - it actually says

(<account> : addressed to exclusive sender for this address)

Can you enlighten me please. I've set up the account as an exclusive sender for all my other accounts. Surely mail sent *to* this account should decrement if the sender of the mail is not trusted.

I don't remember when I added the address as a trusted sender - it may have been recently to test something out. Should I remove it & see if the counter decrements?

Thanks
Rob
saxobob

Postby josh » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:16 am

Should I remove it & see if the counter decrements?

yes :)
josh

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...