Send From SG to List = Nothing

Use this forum to get help.

Send From SG to List = Nothing

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:04 pm

Hello,

I needed to send out a message to my departmental mailing list using my SG email. I generated the outgoing address, made up the message and sent it off.

And waited. I'm on the mailing list, and I got nothing, nor did my wife. I tried again, and then sent one to myself, and only got the latter. I was forced to compromise my real address by using it directl! Oh shame on me!

Does anyone have some insight into what the problem may be?

Thanks!
E.

Postby josh » Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:42 pm

did you forwarding address work? were you set up for the list with the disposable address?
josh

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:29 pm

yes, it worked to send with my regular, SG forward address (the one I'd like to protect). And no, the list would mail me at my SG forward address, not the SG address directly.

I poked some more (I'm busy but I need to figure this out!), and found out some more problems...

I can send messages to single recipients and do masked replies well enough. I've tried sending to more than one address at a time, via masking of SG, and it just don't go. This doesn't seem like it should relate to the list since the list was a solitary address in the email. It didn't even matter if one recipient was regular and the other was CC or BCC.

So now the two problems are: a) the mailing list as recipient (department run) doesn't receive my emails via SG, and b) I can't seem to send to multiple recipients via SG.

This is stinky! Does this make any sense?

Thanks,
E.

Postby josh » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:17 am

sg doesn't handle multiple recipients on either side very well. We're currently working on that one.

If you could send the address you tried using for the list to info (at sg), I can run it through the code and see what happens.
josh

Postby ronbarak » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:27 pm

josh wrote:sg doesn't handle multiple recipients on either side very well. We're currently working on that one.

If you could send the address you tried using for the list to info (at sg), I can run it through the code and see what happens.

Hi Josh,
Was the issue with multiple SG addresses in the same message resolved ?
I see that it was referred to on 2003.
I'm asking because I tried to send a message to several SG addresses, and I receive <outbounds9.obsmtp.com #5.2.2 SMTP; 552 too many recipients> bounce errors.
Thanks,
Ron.
ronbarak

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...