email fr exclusive sender somtimes decreases remaining count

Use this forum to get help.

email fr exclusive sender somtimes decreases remaining count

Postby sarahwbs » Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:14 pm

I've been having a problem where messages to some of my spamgourmet addresses are decreasing the count for the address, even though they are coming from the domain I've entered as an exclusive sender for the addresses. I posted about this (http://bbs.spamgourmet.com/viewtopic.php?p=1401) in the general discussion forum, but thought maybe this would be a more appropriate place to ask about this.

I recently created an address to use for messages from the evolt "thelist" mailing list, and I've been having the same problem where some (but not all) messages are decreasing the count.

I've been collecting the messages from the evolt list to see if I could find a pattern that might explain why some of the messages are causing the count to decrease. So far, 16 out of 271 messages have decreased the count. All of those messages have another email address in the To header (along with the mailing list email address), or another address in the To header and the mailing list email in the CC header. However, there were other messages with other addresses in either the To or CC header that didn't decrease the count.

I'm stumped. It's not a huge deal, cause the count is decreasing slowly enough that I have lots of time to go and increase it as necessary. But I figured I should add a post about this, in case it's happening to other people as well.

Sarah
sarahwbs

Postby josh » Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:54 pm

This appears related to the "multiple recipients" problem (spamgourmet does not handle them very well). We're working on this one, albeit slowly.
josh

Postby sarahwbs » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:39 pm

Cool, good to know it's a known issue. Thanks for letting me know.

Sarah

BTW, SpamGourmet ROCKS!! :D
sarahwbs

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...