Trusted sender list has duplicate entries (and growing)

Use this forum to get help.

Trusted sender list has duplicate entries (and growing)

Postby Bernard » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:07 pm

I set up a trusted sender of abc@xyz.com (not the real address). I subscribed to a list and in due course had successfully received two emails from them. The next time I logged in to my spamgoumet account there were three identical entries in my trusted sender list! (i.e. 3 x abc.xyz.com).
Bernard

Postby josh » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:15 pm

Is there a possibility that those coud have been entered with page refreshes? Has the number gone up since then?
josh

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:57 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by 'page refreshes'. When I logged in a few minutes ago the situation was unchanged - three identical trusted senders shown. I'm not unduly bothered about this, I wanted to report what seemed to be a case of the site not worked as it ought to. I've now set an exclusive sender for the email address and will delete the trusted senders in due course.

Bernard.

Postby josh » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:27 pm

should have been more specific -- one way to enter duplicate trusted senders would be to add one, then refresh the resulting page (which would add another). I'll look at adding code that prevents duplicates from going in -- there should be no harm done, though, since more than one will mean the same thing as one when they're being checked.

The only way those can be added is through the website -- there's no code in the mail handler to add them, so I wouldn't think they were being added somehow by incoming mail. I suppose there are possibilities I'm not considering here, though :)
josh

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...