Send from disposable emailaddress

Use this forum to get help.

Send from disposable emailaddress

Postby chrishintz » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:40 am

Yesterday I've created an disposable emailaddress for the first time, so hereby two remarks (one suggestion/ one bug?):

Suggestion

Now you can (for security-reasons?) only create an send-from-disposable-emailaddress (SFDE) online in the format:

+j+doe+secret_thinggy.receiver#domein.c ... ourmet.com

But:

Why the leading + ?, and

Why not offer users to create SFDE themselves (without visiting spamgourmet.com) by defining an password in the admin panel. An SFDE could then also look like:

j+doe+sfde-password.receiver#domein.com@spamgourmet.com

BUG?

As I've said above I've created an SFDE yesterday to post to an google-beta group and that worked fine yesterday. But the two mails I've send out today (with the same SFDE in my Gmail addressbook) didn't arrive yet. I know these things sometimes take time, but....

UPDATE: Emails just started showing up; 105 minutes later... I assume it's google groups, but nevertheless a status/tracking figure would be nice.

BTW Is there's actually a way to see the status/number of send emails true SFDE-addresses?

- Chris

PS My intensions are just to make spamgourmet even better then it already is... Not to give you more work then you already have :)
chrishintz

Additional

Postby chrishintz » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:15 pm

Visiting some other anti-spam related websites gave me the following idea:

Allow users to START an email conversation from their disposable email address by sending an email to:

"John Doe" j.doe@isp.com.spamgourmet.com

(For security reasons only allowed from the real emailaddress, as more security is not needed. Offcourse except abuse by spammers, but that's why there should be a limit per hour or per day.)

- Chris

PS Very curious to get feedback; because I would LOVE to give-up my hotmail account and switch to disposable emails. But for now using just hotmail.com as my personal mailinator is more practical.
chrishintz

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...