No-brain mode with infinite limit

Use this forum to get help.

No-brain mode with infinite limit

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:45 pm

As mentioned in http://bbs.spamgourmet.com/viewtopic.php?t=216 it could be strategy to handout infinite addresses sometimes. But instead of manually setting these up I would like to set them up in the no-brainer mode.

But offcourse with one exception: an prefix (because otherwise everyine could always create a permanent emailaddress you'll need to manually close.

So my idea is:

xxxx.customprefixworddefinedasinfinite. ... e@dfgh.net

Very curious to hear your reactions?!

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:27 am

H-m-m, I think I solved this one myself ;-)

But it it correct that after having setup my

- lastname as username,
- firstname as prefix,
- "." as trusted sender

I've created infinitive emailaddresses like:

firstname.companyname_or_othercode.lastname@dfgh.net

that will keep on working untill .... and there's the problem; because how do I now disable companyname_or_othercode if needed?

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:02 am

Ok, defenitevely found out "." as trusted sender in NOT the way to go as this means you cannot block/disable disposable email addresses. But what it the way to go?

And would it be nice if you configure the default number of times an emailadress is allowed to work? Because I don't like to use 1-20 or a-z but just nothing, i.a.

prefix.something.username@dfgh.net

but would like the default to be 10, while others maybe would like to set this to 2, 20 or even infinitevely. Good idea? Or...

PS Is it possible to set-up the default language? Because every time I enter spamgourmet it serves the website in dutch. And the dutch version &^sks big time...

Postby josh » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:39 am

to disable an address with an exclusive sender of . just remove the . (clear the exclusive sender field) and save the address (set the count to 0 if need be, too).

prefix.something.username@dfgh.net will be interpreted as word.number.username@dfgh.net. You *can* use something.username@dfgh.net and that will be interepreted as something.3.username@dfgh.net -- it's hard-coded to three for now.

Is the Dutch better now? I got some suggestions (from you?) about how to change it a little. After you log in, you can set the language to whatever you want. Later, when you come back *and log in* it'll switch to that language. When you're not logged in (and provided you haven't selected a language in that session), the website looks at your browser's language preferences. You probably have Dutch selected as the preferred language there.
josh

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:10 am

I posted something about the prefix in my other post. (I think I should become member as Guest isn't that handy for reference.)

But about strategies and the easy-use of SG the following, as there are basically only 3 strategies possible:

1) disposable address --> real emailaddress
2) disposable address --> alias --> real emailaddress
3) alias --> real emailaddress

Strategy 1 is fully supported; strategy 2 and 3 not. And _that_ was the subject/purpose of my post. Because wouldn't it be handy / a nice service if you could also offer easy to set-up aliasses? Just to handout to company's that you kind of trust, but still want to 'test'.

An alias - in my opinion - is an infinitive working emailadress that works untill manually blocked. Maybe: j.secretword_defined_by_user.doe@dfh.net sould be a nice format.

- Chris

PS I didn't send any suggestion yet, but I'll create an new account and correct the first email send. It has some spelling mistakes...

Postby mika84 » Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:33 pm

I would also like to have "alias" addresses. Its not exclusive sender address, but address would work as long as I won't manually disable it.

That's the one thing I have been missing!

I also just posted about * problem, some systems doesn't accept email address with * mark.

Yeah, and I know about . hack. So I could use

something.something@spamgourmet.com.example with . hack and 20 messages limit. Hmm, ok. Just need to manually set it up after sending "opening" email. :D
mika84

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...