problem adding yahoo group as trusted sender

Use this forum to get help.

problem adding yahoo group as trusted sender

Postby sarahwbs » Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:33 pm

I recently joined a discussion group hosted by yahoo groups. I'd like to add a trusted sender for the group, but the messages actually appear to be coming directly from the other group users, and the yahoogroups address is in the Reply-To field. Is there any way to add the group as a whole as a trusted sender?
sarahwbs

Postby ebuleheb » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:14 am

Set the trusted or (better) exclusive sender as the groups "To:" address, i.e. example@yahoogruoups.com
ebuleheb

Postby sarahwbs » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:28 pm

I tried adding the yahoo groups email address as a trusted sender, but it didn't help. I did think of a few other solutions, though, which I'll share in case anyone else has this problem:
    - set my group preferences so that I receive messages in a digest, in which case the digests should all come from one address, which I could then add as a trusted sender
    - don't have messages delivered to me at all, and just check the group itself for new messages
    - use the RSS feed for the group to have messages available through my newsreader (part of my email program)
sarahwbs

Postby josh » Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:50 am

are the messages always "to:" the same address? If so, add that address as the exclusive sender for the address (not a trusted sender for you account).
josh

Does exclusive sender logic examine both To & From heade

Postby jiminalaska » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:36 pm

Does exclusive sender logic examine both To & From headers?

josh wrote:are the messages always "to:" the same address? If so, add that address as the exclusive sender for the address (not a trusted sender for you account).

Does this mean that the SG exclusive sender logic examines BOTH the From and To email headers to determine validity? [If so, then this approach should work for "individual emails" mode subscriptions to Yahoo Groups since, as josh asked, they are all sent To a specific address.]

Does the SG trusted sender logic also examine BOTH the From and To headers to determine validity? [Sounds like it doesn't, and hence the "not a trusted sender..." comment.]
jiminalaska

Re: Does exclusive sender logic examine both To & From h

Postby jiminalaska » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:42 pm

jiminalaska wrote:Does exclusive sender logic examine both To & From headers?

In http://bbs.spamgourmet.com/viewtopic.php?t=203, josh already answered this: Only the exclusive sender logic examines both To and From headers. The trusted sender logic does not.
jiminalaska

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...