Not certain if I will get forwarded mail from you

Use this forum to get help.

Not certain if I will get forwarded mail from you

Postby PPennypacker » Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:53 am

Joined a Yahoo group. Wanted to use your services, thought it would be a good idea.
They signed me up with a username that just a bit different than the one I use here, and when they began to sign me up to ckeck verification, they said they needed to send an email to this username + the email site, which I think I 've done correctly, ...@spamgourmet.com.
Haven't rec'd any email forwarded from you yet & am waiting to begin with this group, but cannot, without verification.
Would you have rec'd the email and what would you have done with it, and would it be forwarded to me even if my username had to be changed a bit?
PLMK
Thanks,
PP
PPennypacker

Postby josh » Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:39 pm

Is your spamgourmet account verified? If not, you won't receive the message, and we won't have it, either.

If it is verified, can you log in and check to see if the address you used has received any email?
josh

Postby PPennypacker » Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:20 am

Josh - Don't think I know how to do that. The "verification". I can log-in to spamgourmet, is this what you mean?
PPennypacker

Postby maratheamit » Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:08 pm

After you register a username with spamgourmet, you are sent an email containing a link to be followed. This is called "verification" and must take place before you can start using spamgourmet.
maratheamit

Postby PPennypacker » Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:08 pm

Hasn't happened yet. When might this occur. Thought I did everything by the book with the new account?
PPennypacker

Postby josh » Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:50 am

I checked - there's a username active that is the same as the one you're using to post. It has *no* forwarding address -- without that, no mail will go through on any disposable addresses.

If that's you (seems likely that it is) - you need to log in and set the "forwarding address" to an email address (non-spamgourmet) where you can receive messages. When you do that, you'll receive the confirmation email to that address. After you confirm (by clicking on the link in the confirmation message), you'll be all set up.
josh

Postby PPennypacker » Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:44 pm

Josh et al,
Thank you. Think it's set.
PP
PPennypacker

Postby PPennypacker » Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:23 pm

Got verification BUT all mail being sent to me is being EATEN. Not certain why. I need to read those emails, for THEIR verification. Now, what to do? Please help, till I can fully understand this system.
I thank you.
PP
PPennypacker

Postby josh » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:36 am

I sent a test message to you, and it appeared to go through. Could the "eaten" messages you have been eaten before you confirmed?
josh

Postby PPennypacker » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:39 am

Well, there were 6 eaten messages before I confirmed, and now there are 7. So, it seems that the email I was looking to have forwarded was then eaten. Will send you a reply from the forward site if I receive.
Thank you.
PP
PPennypacker

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...