Real Addresses and another question

Use this forum to get help.

Real Addresses and another question

Postby Guest » Wed May 26, 2004 9:04 am

How can I use Spamgourmet with more than one real address?

When I receive a message through Spamgourmet, how do I know which Spamgourmet address the mail was sent to (How does it appear in the headers)?

Thanks in advance for your answers :-)

Postby SysKoll » Wed May 26, 2004 2:37 pm

Use a separate account with the second real address

When I receive a message through Spamgourmet, how do I know which Spamgourmet address the mail was sent to (How does it appear in the headers)?

View the full message (all headers). The bottom-most "Received" header contains the sg disposable to which the mesage was sent, as in
Received: from some.host by gourmet.spamgourmet.com for your.spamgourmet.address
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby Guest » Wed May 26, 2004 3:04 pm

SysKoll wrote:

Use a separate account with the second real address
So I'll have to have two usernames, two passwords, etc.? Can I do this with one username/password only?

SysKoll wrote:

View the full message (all headers). The bottom-most "Received" header contains the sg disposable to which the mesage was sent, as in
Received: from some.host by gourmet.spamgourmet.com for your.spamgourmet.address
Well, at least it's there, but it's hidden in the Received headers...I prefer the way other services do it: adding "X-" headers - do you consider implementing something like this?

Postby SysKoll » Wed May 26, 2004 3:09 pm

Wouldn't it be simpler just to view the "To:" field? An easy way to view your address is to display that field in your mail client.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby Guest » Wed May 26, 2004 7:51 pm

SysKoll wrote:Wouldn't it be simpler just to view the "To:" field? An easy way to view your address is to display that field in your mail client.

My address won't appear in the To or Cc headers, if I received the mail as BCC recipient.

Postby Guest » Wed May 26, 2004 10:25 pm

what about the subject tagline -- it has the "word", which should be unique for your sg account

Postby Guest » Thu May 27, 2004 10:15 am

Anonymous wrote:what about the subject tagline -- it has the "word", which should be unique for your sg account

Unique per account I know, because I know which (real) address it was forwarded to

I want to identify the specific address the mail was sent to.

Postby SysKoll » Thu May 27, 2004 1:02 pm

Well, at least it's there, but it's hidden in the Received headers...I prefer the way other services do it: adding "X-" headers - do you consider implementing something like this?

Next time we modify the code, we'll consider it.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby Guest » Thu May 27, 2004 1:05 pm

SysKoll wrote:

Next time we modify the code, we'll consider it.

Thanks for all your answers.

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...