mail not going through

Use this forum to get help.

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:53 pm

and another edit: Finally, 2 messages from yesterday evening went through and reached me today. I guess, the other messages from today will reach me within the next hours...

Test message successful

Postby spur » Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:08 pm

I just did a test message and it went through immediately. However no back e-mail from the past day or so has been received.
spur

Postby vellire » Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:33 am

josh wrote:I think you can donate to the project through sourceforge, but they may be using paypal, too, and I don't know what % they'd take. I've heard enough concerns about paypal that I'm looking for an alternative -- you don't know of any, do you?

Try the Amazon Honor System (http://tinyurl.com/38dxd). "The person receiving a payment is assessed 2.9% of the total payment per transaction plus $0.30." One plus for potential donors - they are refundable for 7 days if you have a change of heart.
vellire

Yahoo.com forwards

Postby leeroy » Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:04 pm

I was having the same problem, getting nothing forwarded to my yahoo.com address. Then I discovered that as part of the yahoo update they changed the filtering system! What I had to do was go into their "filters" section, and manually instruct it to forward any e-mails from spamgourmet.com, AND to spamgourmet.com to my inbox. Not a problem since! Maybe those using web-based e-mail in other domains will have to do the same!
leeroy

Email forwarded to Gmail not getting through?

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:22 pm

In the last ~24 hours or maybe more (hard to know) my spamgourmet email (userid cd) is not getting through. I sent messages to myself at newly made up, fresh test addresses and they did not get through. It looks like other messages are getting dropped, too.

My spamgourmet forwards to my Gmail account. I'll try changing the forwarding address to a yahoo account to see if that solves the problem, and report back here.

This is a spamgourmet account that has been working well for probably over a year, and working well at Gmail for the last few weeks, at least until the last couple days.

Any debugging tips appreciated.

Tried Yahoo! .. email goes through. Gmail .. email gone

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:07 pm

It looks like the problem is on the Gmail end, because I just changed my spamgourmet account to forward to Yahoo, and my test email came through immediately.

Maybe it would be a nice feature to be able to have spamgourmet mail forwarded to two addresses, not just one. Some users might light the assurance of having a backup copy in case their email provider falls down.

I put a bug report into the Gmail system. Will report back here what I learn.

Previous

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...