AddressScrambler

Use this forum to get help.

AddressScrambler

Postby daverw » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:28 pm

I'd like to be able to use the AddressScrambler to scroamble my email address on my home website, but I cannot work out how to use it.

The helper generates the scrambled address and a mailto tag and says to replace the standard HTML mailto with the <script language="JavaScript">writeMailTo('dhqbm.xyxisxxmrh@nj@ve');</script> but when I do that it shows as an error.

The helper then says something about including the address scrambler.js file. I don't understand what I actually need to put in my HTML.

Help please
Dave
daverw

Postby maratheamit » Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:47 pm

You need to do 4 things.
1. Copy the AddressScrambler.js file to webroot directory. This is the directory from which content is served for your website.
2. For each static email address you want to scramble, generate the "mailto tag" using the AddressScramblerHelperGeneric.html.
This HTML page works in IE and Opera (and probably many other browsers which support javascript). For this to work the .js file above must be in the same directory as this .html file.
3. Replace the "<a href="xxx">xxx</a> elements in your html files with the code generated by step 2.
4. Include the javascript file at the start of each html file that you modified in step 3. The line that you have to add is the one that occurs at the bottom of AddressScramblerHelperGeneric.html. viz.
"<script language="Javascript" src="/AddressScrambler.js"></script>
Last edited by maratheamit on Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maratheamit

Postby ebuleheb » Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:55 pm

Note that you need to put the file AddressScrambler.js to the root of your webspace for maratheamit's line to work.
ebuleheb

Postby daverw » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:50 pm

:lol: THANKS!

These instructions were what I needed

Dave

maratheamit wrote:You need to do 4 things.
1. Copy the AddressScrambler.js file to webroot directory. This is the directory from which content is served for your website.
2. For each static email address you want to scramble, generate the "mailto tag" using the AddressScramblerHelperGeneric.html.
This HTML page works in IE and Opera (and probably many other browsers which support javascript). For this to work the .js file above must be in the same directory as this .html file.
3. Replace the "<a href="xxx">xxx</a> elements in your html files with the code generated by step 2.
4. Include the javascript file at the start of each html file that you modified in step 2. The line that you have to add is the one that occurs at the bottom of AddressScramblerHelperGeneric.html. viz.
"<script language="Javascript" src="/AddressScrambler.js"></script>
daverw

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...