Not Recieving Lastpass Verification Emails

Use this forum to get help.

Not Recieving Lastpass Verification Emails

Postby bte288 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:24 pm

Hey there,

Lastpass is attempting to send me OTP codes via email but it seems whatever email service they're using isn't working with SG.

The emails aren't being eaten/burnt - they're a trusted sender + it's not showing up on my account UI.

Had a similar problem a couple years back and know certain bulk mail providers don't play nice with spamgourmet.

Is there some sort of manual/temporary workaround so I can get logged in to my LP account and get my email address updated?

Thanks for your help!!
bte288

Re: Not Recieving Lastpass Verification Emails

Postby lyager » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:35 pm

I've had this issue with verification emails twice. Once with Ticketmaster, and the other with Discogs.com.

Discogs were kind enough to add a screenshot from the logs (attached here) stating that their verification email gets blocked by Spamgourmet

With Ticketmaster it was worse. They decided that it was time for me to update my password, apperantly because of some suspecious login attempts - the only option was the recovery email.

Anyway, I assume the recovery email systems are not programmed as robust as a normal SMTP server, which whould gladly retry after some time.

Anyway, just wanted to add to the thread. I've had the same issue - and knowing that Spamgourmet is free, I don't know if we're at the point where this would be too much to ask to fix?
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 1.29.05 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 1.29.05 PM.png (34.15 KiB) Viewed 513 times
lyager

Postby bte288 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:17 pm

lyager wrote:I've had this issue with verification emails twice. Once with Ticketmaster, and the other with Discogs.com.

Discogs were kind enough to add a screenshot from the logs (attached here) stating that their verification email gets blocked by Spamgourmet

With Ticketmaster it was worse. They decided that it was time for me to update my password, apperantly because of some suspecious login attempts - the only option was the recovery email.

Anyway, I assume the recovery email systems are not programmed as robust as a normal SMTP server, which whould gladly retry after some time.

Anyway, just wanted to add to the thread. I've had the same issue - and knowing that Spamgourmet is free, I don't know if we're at the point where this would be too much to ask to fix?

Thanks for adding!
bte288

Postby lwc » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:47 pm

bte288 wrote:Thanks for adding!

Hi, not exactly as it might not even be related to your topic. That screenshot clearly belonged to Deferred: 421 Too many concurrent SMTP connections;.
I've asked to move it there but was ignored.
lwc

Postby lyager » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:29 pm

Thanks for the feedback - you might be right, that it's not related. But my point still is, that most of these 'verification emails' are programmed as 'shoot and miss', and not as a real SMTP server, which would retry after a while.

I'll post it in a thread that matches the problem better.
lyager

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...