dfgh domain not working

Use this forum to get help.

dfgh domain not working

Postby dciuk » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:50 pm

I am not receiving any emails to the dfgh.net domain. One sender advises that they had the following when they tried to send:

No mx record found for domain=dfgh.net

Emails being sent to other domains that I have tested are being received. The last dfgh.net email I received was at 07:02 today (29/01/2024) UK time
dciuk

Re: dfgh domain not working

Postby dciuk » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:56 pm

@ebuleheb I think dfgh.net funded and maintained by yourself, so not sure if this is something you need to look at
dciuk

Postby pbb » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:39 pm

I am getting:

Host or domain name not found. Name service error for
name=dfgh.net type=A: Host found but no data record of requested type

when I send to a dfgh domain.

Isn't there a post somewhere (following previous problems with dfgh.net) that says it is owned by a third party, not by spamgourmet?

Is anyone able to look into this?
pbb

Postby dciuk » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:19 pm

@pbb I think you are referring to this thread - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1894&hilit=dfgh.net
dciuk

Postby njess » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:32 pm

I use the dfgh.net domain for almost all my email, so this current failure is extremely disruptive for me.
njess

Postby dciuk » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:38 pm

njess wrote:I use the dfgh.net domain for almost all my email, so this current failure is extremely disruptive for me.

Welcome to the forum. I share your pain. For many years it was my domain of choice and I have hundreds of addresses that use it. I stopped using it for new addresses several months ago after discovering through this forum that it did not have the same ownership structure as their other domains, but had not (until now) thought it nescessary to start changing old addresses. I am now having to through my more important addresses and change them to alternative spamgourmet domains, but that is something that will take sometime, so I am hoping the current issue will get resolved soon
dciuk

Postby pbb » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:53 pm

Is it possible to PM anybody about this?

I have tried syskoll and ebuleheb but the system says they don't exist! Is that correct?
pbb

Postby dciuk » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:35 pm

pbb wrote:Is it possible to PM anybody about this?

I have tried syskoll and ebuleheb but the system says they don't exist! Is that correct?

I do not think the admins frequent this forum on a regular basis. You could try michaeldlr as they created the thread when they were looking for the owner of dfgh.net.

I have noticed that the github thread https://github.com/spamgourmet/spamgourmet/issues/60 which was started almost a year ago had its first reply on Monday (the same day this issue started) from sinani saying "You may contact me for dfgh.net matters." Perhaps whatever they were working on the issue in that thread and that caused the domain to break. I do not have a github account, but if you do it might be worth trying to contact someone through there.
dciuk

Postby ebuleheb » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:40 am

I'm very sorry!!
Yes I'm the owner of that domain.
Indeed, I noticed that GitHub issue from last February and was adding that SPF record, and somehow the MX record was lost.
Just saw this post and made and update.
I had shared account passwords for the domain with the original Spamgourmet founder for emergencies. Wasn't able to contact the current maintainers.
ebuleheb

Postby dciuk » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:17 am

ebuleheb wrote:I'm very sorry!!
Yes I'm the owner of that domain.
Indeed, I noticed that GitHub issue from last February and was adding that SPF record, and somehow the MX record was lost.
Just saw this post and made and update.
I had shared account passwords for the domain with the original Spamgourmet founder for emergencies. Wasn't able to contact the current maintainers.

I can confirm I started receiving emails addressed to this domain just before 2am today (UK time).
Thank you
dciuk

Postby pbb » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:37 am

Is there anyone who can help with correcting this situation?

Surely if ebuleheb is willing to make access to the domain available to spamgourmet, is there anyone who is in a position to make contact with the admins/josh to see how this can be done?
pbb

Postby ebuleheb » Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:49 pm

pbb wrote:Is there anyone who can help with correcting this situation?

Surely if ebuleheb is willing to make access to the domain available to spamgourmet, is there anyone who is in a position to make contact with the admins/josh to see how this can be done?

Yes they contacted me.
ebuleheb

Postby Oren » Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:16 pm

DFGH is working again :-)

Thank you for ebuleheb and admin for sorting this out. Much appreciated!
Oren

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...