Spamgourmet account hacked

Use this forum to get help.

Spamgourmet account hacked

Postby harshgravity » Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:03 pm

Hey there. I received a message from spamgourmet today that my spamgourmet forwarding email address has been changed from my address to another one. I tried to log in to change it but the password has been changed as well. What can I do to get my spamgourmet account back? I'm concerned that someone is, right now, going to various sites and doing password resets on them.
harshgravity

Re: Spamgourmet account hacked

Postby help_hacked » Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:38 pm

Same thing happened to me, identical.
Hacker's address (communicated to me from the spamgourmet email) is at a meatyblacks dot com address.

Of course my password has changed, and of course I cannot reset it because spamgourmet wants me to enter the hacker's new address, and send the reset link there!
This is a HUGE problem! Can anything be done, is there an admin around? I'm running in panic mode changing email address to everything I can (which I suggest anyone affected reading this does too, urgently!), but I suddenly have a ton of vulnerable accounts, and apparently I'm hardly the only one!
help_hacked

Postby harshgravity » Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:47 pm

Same address for me - @meatyblacks.com. Would love some help on this ASAP!
harshgravity

Postby help_hacked » Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:59 am

There's a thread about hacked accounts over here.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1877

That paints a pretty grim picture, because according to it the OP was still unable to talk to an admin and regain control of their account almost one year later.
I did contact the admin, SysKoll, via a DM here, like the thread suggests (a step that thread's OP apparently didn't take), but he seemingly was online last over a month ago, as seen by clicking his profile here: memberlist.php
That list also confirms that he's the only admin that was active in 2023. That's consistent with what I've seen yesterday in my constant logins over here to check for updates -- forum is far from active.

I think it's safe to assume we won't get an intervention soon, if at all.
Do what I did, and run through all your accounts, change mail where you can, wipe data where you can't. Make sure you prioritize accounts where your money moves, and especially the more common stuff (I'm assuming he may go for your Paypal before your local home banking). Enable phone for most important accounts.
I think, from what activity I've seen these bastards undertake on my accounts, they seem to prioritize accounts that don't seem secure / don't seem like they have fast or reliable support.

Aside from your money, remember your info is also valuable. Pretty likely the scammer now knows your phone number, home address... anything they can have gotten their hands on by logging in on one of your accounts. So take that into consideration, delete if you can -- if like I think you can't (keep in mind they only need to breach one account to get this data, and they probably did that before you read the spamgourmet mail), expect more scam attempts on your phone-searchable accounts (like Telegram).

If you can think of anything else, or hear from an admin yourself, pass along. So shall I.
Good luck...
help_hacked

Postby josiah » Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:56 pm

Please send a private message to me containing your spamgourmet address. As of last July we have the previous address on file in a recovery table and can revert it and provide a temporary password. I can reach out to you two individually
josiah

Postby josiah » Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:15 am

Please see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1921

We've reverted all accounts that were pointed at meatyblacks.com
josiah

Postby help_hacked » Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:56 am

Thank you so much, Josiah.
You ended my nightmare today.
help_hacked

Postby harshgravity » Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:34 pm

Yes, thank you so much for the quick response and fixing the issue!
harshgravity

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...