Please add more metrics. We severely need failure stats.

Use this forum to get help.

Please add more metrics. We severely need failure stats.

Postby noOneInParticular » Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:39 am

The address table has these columns:

word · max count · remaining · forwarded · deleted · created · full address ·exclusive sender · note

SG is extremely unreliable and fixing that will possibly be a never ending mission. I’m losing messages like crazy. The worst part of it is the silence. There is not a single indicator of message loss. I have simply received no messages for the past 9 or so months. Even when I was somewhat regularly receiving messages, I often discovered spontaneous arbitrary unexplained message losses. Please add these columns to the table:

* lost forward attempts
* date of most recent forward

This is not just a feature request. It’s a bug report. At the moment it’s actually giving misinfo. When a message fails to forward, the “forwarded” column is still incremented.

Also for the cummulative stats, please add more info. Currently we see:

Your message stats: 10,000 forwarded, 100,000 eaten. You have 500 spamgourmet address(es).

We need:

Your message stats: 10,000 forwarded, 100,000 eaten, 1,000 lost due to failures. You have 500 spamgourmet address(es).

33mail (an alternate forwarding service) keeps track of smtp failures. So when you login to their website, you are presented with a warning and a copy of the SMTP logs showing how your protected address MX server refused. SG needs this. I just a huge amount of messages here and I had no way of knowing.
noOneInParticular

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...