2FA token mails missing

Use this forum to get help.

2FA token mails missing

Postby undead » Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:14 pm

Hello,

I'm dropping this here since I've seen other topics with a similar issue and I'm not sure about who to reach with this.

I've been using spamgourmet to subscribe to an online game (Warframe : https://www.warframe.com). They have subsequently added 2 Factor Authentication to their account management system. So far, so good. I've recently had to make a fresh installation of the game, which triggered the 2FA system and I now need a token sent by mail to the spamgourmet address. However this mail was somehow lost in translation. The token mail isn't in my spam, it didn't increase the forwarded mails count nor decrease the remaining allowed mails count, it doesn't appear in the last 3 eaten mails. The strange thing is that the forwarding is otherwise working perfectly.

I've then tried to change the mail address for my Warframe account but it went the same way as it requires the 2FA token too. I have been in touch with their support, but they claim that there is not trouble at their end : spamgourmet isn't on their blacklist and the mails seem to have been aknowledged by your server. I was also otherwise able to receive mails to this address, like notifications for replies from their support team (although it's a zendesk address : support@digitalextremes.zendesk.com).

The address they use to forward tokens seems to be no-reply@digitalextremes.com. I have added it to the allowed sender, to no avail.

I hope might be able to have a look into this and some logs might hold a clue to the underlying cause of this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.
undead

Re: 2FA token mails missing

Postby michaeldlr » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:58 am

That's going to be a bit difficult because Spamgourmet doesn't log mails passing through.

What I can think of immediately that can cause loss of mails without any counter is a malformatted mail, for example missing a From address which is possible especially from automated processes that generate 2FA mails. If the spameater process got a mail which it decided was malformatted it just drops it completely.

Please could you raise this as a bug on https://github.com/spamgourmet/spamgourmet/issues and try to get an original email with all original headers (but private information deleted) and attach that to the issue ticket.
michaeldlr

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...