Blocked mails from Instagram

Use this forum to get help.

Blocked mails from Instagram

Postby franzik7 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:26 am

Hello,

I'm using a Spamgourmet address for an Instagram account. Instagram recently told me that there has been a suspicious login attempt. Therefore Instagram tries to send me an email with a security code I have to enter. As described, my email address for this Instagram account is a Spamgourmet address. The problem is that I don't get this mail from Instagram (although the registration process with this Spamgourmet address worked, but this was years ago).

First, I reset the remaining messages, but this didn't solve the problem. Second, I deleted the forward completely as I assume that doesn't cause other problems (I sent a test message from another email address to the deleted forward in order to reactivate it, this worked without a problem an the reactivated forward appears in the list with Spamgourmet addresses again). I also set instagram.com as a trusted sender but this didn't help eiter.

Does anyone have an idea what else I could try to get emails from Instagram to reactivate this Instagram account?

Thanks!
Franzik
franzik7

Re: Blocked mails from Instagram

Postby lwc » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:06 pm

Did you check your spam folder?

If it's not there, did you check your last eaten log? If the address isn't hidden and not that in that log than it was blocked from entering Spamgourmet's system. Maybe try another forwarding address and see if it helps.

If it is in the log, than your own settings block it for some reason.
lwc

Postby franzik7 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:17 pm

Yes, I checked my spam folder, but the mails are not there.

I can't find a log with last eaten mails. I only see the number with eaten mails in the message stats which doesn't change (the number stays the same no matter how often I try to get the mail from Instagram).

If the address isn't hidden and not that in that log than it was blocked from entering Spamgourmet's system. Maybe try another forwarding address and see if it helps.

The problem is that I can't change the email address as I can't enter my Instagram account before I get the security code. Could there be a reason why Spamgourmet suddenly blocks emails from Instagram?

I also checked all my other Spamgourmet addresses to make sure I didn't confuse my addresses. But all my Spamgourmet addresses have open remaining messages.

Are there any other ideas how I could solve this problem?

Thanks!
franzik7

Postby franzik7 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:52 am

Additionally to my last post, I also found and checked the last eaten message log meanwhile, but there are no mails from Instagram.
franzik7

Postby lwc » Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:36 pm

franzik7 wrote:Could there be a reason why Spamgourmet suddenly blocks emails from Instagram?

Maybe only Instagram knows...could be due to sudden enforcement of 421 errors and/or lack of DKIM / DMARC.
They might not bother to answer, but is it worth to ask their support?
lwc

Postby franzik7 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:04 pm

Too bad that nobody can offer a solution, I was hoping for a better answer.

Well, tough question if it's worth to contact the Instagram support. To be honest, I didn't even find a way how to do that. I only found heaps of FAQ pages...
franzik7

Postby lwc » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:40 pm

franzik7 wrote:Well, tough question if it's worth to contact the Instagram support. To be honest, I didn't even find a way how to do that. I only found heaps of FAQ pages...

This recent article suggests to either choose the Report a Problem option in Settings, call their US phone number (mentioned in the article) or e-mail them (address also mentioned there) and "From personal and other users' experience we can conclude it takes 24-48 hours for the first answer", but "If the email contents incomplete information, it may be ignored".
lwc

Postby franzik7 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:04 am

Thanks for the link! I also found this email address some time ago, but I also read that it's not maintained anymore at all due to the amount of messages. For the first option I would have to be able to log into my account. Last option would be to call, but I'm not from the U.S. I'll try to write an email as a last option...

Thanks a lot!
Franzik
franzik7

Postby franzik7 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:21 pm

By the way, this is the automatic answer you receive when sending a message to support@instagram.com:

Hi,

You've reached us at a channel that we no longer support. Please visit the Help Center to find answers to many frequently asked questions and up-to-date forms you can use to contact us:

http://help.instagram.com/

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
The Instagram Team
franzik7

Postby facetto » Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:54 am

Hi, sorry for this very late reply but I can confirm that instagram since several month (at least) is quietly ignoring spamgourmet adresses. At least I never received any email upon my registration. seems to become an annoying issue for more and more websites meanwhile...

BR, Christoph
facetto

Postby franzik7 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:48 pm

facetto wrote:Hi, sorry for this very late reply but I can confirm that instagram since several month (at least) is quietly ignoring spamgourmet adresses. At least I never received any email upon my registration. seems to become an annoying issue for more and more websites meanwhile...

Hi, do you see any possibility to reactivate a blocked Instagram account as described?
Regards,
Franzik
franzik7

Postby facetto » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:04 am

Sorry Franzik, I dont. I just let it be after my registration email never arrived. Apparently my motivation for using instagram was not very big...

BR, Christoph
facetto

Postby michaeldlr » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:00 am

You likely just have to reach instagram support. Often, nowadays, it seems that the right way to do this is on Twitter which, because it's public, embarrasses companies into action.
michaeldlr

Postby r2d2 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:41 am

By the way, I'm able to receive instagram emails using a different SG domain.
r2d2

Postby franzik7 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:12 am

r2d2 wrote:By the way, I'm able to receive instagram emails using a different SG domain.

May I ask what you mean with "a different SG domain"?
The problem is that at the moment I can't change the mail address at my blocked Instagram account...
franzik7

Next

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...