Email leaving SG not arriving at service provider

Use this forum to get help.

Email leaving SG not arriving at service provider

Postby davies » Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:04 pm

I have tried sending directly to an email account. This works. I then told SG to use the account as the forwarding address. The confirmation email arrived and the link worked, so the new account is the forwarding address. However, emails now are not arriving at the forwarding address. I have sent several tests. They leave my server correctly (I run my own outbound server) and reach SG, with the forwarded count incrementing and the "remaining" for the target SG address decrementing. But the forwarding address receives nothing. I have spoken to tech support and they say that I have spam filtering off (SG does all I want) and that they can see nothing. Obviously, it is easier for them to blame SG than to find something they can't see. Is there (A) a problem at SG (I doubt it, given the success of the address confirmation email) or (B) any way of checking logs beyond the "last three eaten" (which does not change) and the counters I have described.

Best wishes to all,

J Davies
davies

Re: Email leaving SG not arriving at service provider

Postby dragonfeather » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:13 pm

Which provider do you use for email? Some are known to be more reliable than others. GMX is one of the ones that seems to have some issues receiving emails from spamgourmet.

Essentially, some email services block some emails before they even get to your spam folder. They either have some issues or don't trust spamgourmet. Gmail is one that seems to work reasonably well. I think yahoo is also probably one that works well.
dragonfeather

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...