Address isn't created, weird behavior

Use this forum to get help.

Re: Address isn't created, weird behavior

Postby cnlson11 » Sun May 30, 2021 6:07 am

I have the same symptom of newly created addresses not appearing and forever being 1 of xx

I wonder if the dB is write protected or row limited.

I also wonder if there is a better contact for Josh?
cnlson11

Postby lwc » Mon May 31, 2021 5:04 pm

cnlson11 wrote:I wonder if the dB is write protected or row limited.

Don't think it's a problem due to the workaround.
lwc

Postby Sheygetz » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:59 am

lwc wrote:erine is cool, but there some downsides

Erine doesn't allow to answer from created addys, that obviously is one of the beauties of SG. The template is a nice design, but it seems work on it stopped rather quickly. Many glitches, no way to self-delete your account.
Sheygetz

Postby Sheygetz » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:26 am

gilch wrote:Same problem here. As a workaround, I discovered that I could "create" an existing glitched email address using "the send a message from one of your spamgourmet addresses" link, and then it shows up in the search, so you should at least be able to turn them off that way.

Did everybody understand this workaround, especially if they're mother-tongue is not English? Well, I needed quite some time to figure it out.
Here goes in detail:
* So, you notice that an address you created does not work properly - you cannot find it in the list of addresses used, the counter on reply emails remains at "1 of xx", and any replies you yourself send using this address are never actually sent.
* It seems the database does not "know" this problematic address.
* To make this address known to the system, you need to create a "send-to-address" on the website itsself.

1 Go to advanced mode tab,
2 then "send a message from one of your spamgourmet addresses".
3 Enter a recipient's email address "you would like to send email to" in the uppermost box.
4 Enter the problem address in the "Make a new one" lower three consecutive boxes.
5 Click "go".

If you now return to "advanced mode" you can search for this problem address and - presto - it shows up. Also, the email you just sent does arrive. This address should from now on work as advertised.

Hope I covered everything. Thanks Josiah for the service, thanks to the community here!
Sheygetz

Postby ebuleheb » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:40 am

ebuleheb

Postby mux951 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:26 am

The issue might have been found:
https://github.com/spamgourmet/spamgourmet/pull/14
now it just needs to be verified and corrected by Josiah
mux951

Postby ppmamber » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:46 am

Same here: got multiple new addresses receiving email that are not found in the list.

URGENT QUESTION: Do we risk never be able to set a safe sender / reset the countdown for these? Or will they be shown in the list, once this issue is fixed?
ppmamber

Postby ppmamber » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:49 am

Thanks for this workaround, that helps!

Sheygetz wrote:
gilch wrote:Same problem here. As a workaround, I discovered that I could "create" an existing glitched email address using "the send a message from one of your spamgourmet addresses" link, and then it shows up in the search, so you should at least be able to turn them off that way.
ppmamber

Postby GuyWhoDoesntLikeSpam » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:57 pm

Just an observation I made (and I hope it helps in finding the issue a little more quickly):

When receiving a message from one and the same sender which is sent to one and the same SG address, the set of 10 random (hex) digits within the return address, which spamgourmet generates in between the SG user name part and the part that represents the sender's email address, is different every time.

It is different again when using the workaround for the same sender's address.

This set of hex numbers stays the same when generated in the workaround process a second or third time; after using the workaround these same hex numbers have become part of the sender's return address now and are shown in the 'From:' window of my email client.

For example:

i) (First return email) From: info@acme.com <nice_try.yourSGname.2c9bf68e05.info#acme.com@ob.0sg.net
ii) (Second return email) From: info@acme.com <nice_try.yourSGname.7c96875cbd.info#acme.com@ob.0sg.net
iii) (Manually generating address via workaround): info@acme.com <nice_try.yourSGname.c8f4e3adec.info#acme.com@ob.0sg.net
iv) (Any return email after workaround) From: info@acme.com <nice_try.yourSGname.c8f4e3adec.info#acme.com@ob.0sg.net

So the issue could lie in the automated initial generation of the 10-digit hex signature.

Hope this helps!
GuyWhoDoesntLikeSpam

Postby josiah » Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:34 am

All,

Thank you for your patience with this. The fine people on the spamgourmet github repo walked through the issue and how to patch it. I was able to assess new e-mail creation and counter functionality with a 2-way send. old test emails are also incrementing.
https://github.com/spamgourmet/spamgourmet/issues/13

Please let me know if you see any other issues. I don't have an exhaustive test for it all in place.

That sounds like a laborious but clever workaround by the way! Good job coming up with a way to get it to do what you need despite the database type errors.
josiah

Postby kylling » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:39 pm

Thank you for fixing it, josiah!
kylling

Previous

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...