[CRITICAL ISSUE]Email code not coming through for kraken.com

Use this forum to get help.

[CRITICAL ISSUE]Email code not coming through for kraken.com

Postby greatwolf » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:11 am

Help! I'm currently locked out of my kraken.com account because the authentication email code isn't getting received and forwarded to my email inbox.

Some back and forth with kraken support indicates that the mx servers for spamgourmet is rejecting the email being sent from kraken.

Please advise.
greatwolf

Re: [CRITICAL ISSUE]Email code not coming through for kraken

Postby lwc » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:56 am

If you browse this support forum, you'll see it's full of similarly critical messages about mail not coming.

It could be related to Deferred: 421 Too many concurrent SMTP connections, which was ignored even back in 2011.
Unfortunately, Spamgourmet seems to be an abandoned service with Josiah paying for hosting fees and the service just runs on its own.

You can browse Alternatives to spamgourmet. But unfortunately, even though Spamgourmet is open source, it's treated like it's closed source. That is, no one in the world agrees to take its code and run it somewhere else. I've even talked to some of the alternatives' owners and some of whom are actual Spamgourmet users who preferred to be inspired by it rather than take its code. But inspired means they built different services without the main features we came to love and base our e-mail lives on.
lwc

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...