servers in China?

Use this forum to get help.

servers in China?

Postby omatic » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:24 am

Hello,

I wanted to register on a forum with a spamgourmet address, but my registration needed a validation by an administrator, and they refused it, even saying that my IP address was definitively banned. As I asked for explanation, they answered me they had checked my address on BotScout.com, and my e-mail was on servers in China, and « my » IP address (which is not mine, of course) had been identified as dangerous 1451500 times !
They sent me screen captures, you can see one by yourself. The other one was too big for me to show you, but you can search this IP address on BotScout.com yourself.
I guess SpamGourmet doesn't really use servers in China ? Is this IP address (120.40.130.70) SG’s one ? I tried to enter some other SG's addresses of mine in BotScout.com, and they didn't find any matches, so what is particular with this "oiseauxnet" address ? Does that mean an evil person violated my SG account, or what ?
I'm sorry I'm not a geek and probably this question is trivial to you, but I need to know the extent of the problem. The administrator of the forum at oiseaux.net even told me I could be sure that my real address had been consulted without my knowing, but I doubt it's the case, since Spamgourmet doesn't know the password of my personal address. Can you confirm there is no reason to worry about that ?

Thank you for your help !
Attachments
adresse.jpg
adresse.jpg (198.24 KiB) Viewed 20045 times
omatic

Re: servers in China?

Postby omatic » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:13 am

Another detail on this : the Botscout.com test says the address was added in their base 2020-06-18 at 4h25 pm.
Though, I registered on the oiseaux.net forum that same day in the evening, and got their confirmation mail (thus creating the address) at 11h20 pm french time, that is UTC+2.
At that time, it was already 2020-06-19 in China, but it was 4h20 pm in the US. If that can help somebody to understand what happened...
omatic

Postby omatic » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:21 pm

In fact, the administrator of the forum at oiseaux.net told me he didn't mean my personal address had been hacked, but just that the hackers "knew it existed" because certainly it appeared in the headers of my SG mails.
Still, the question for me is to understand what happened to this SG address, and if this test on Botscout means it was hacked ?
omatic

Postby hausgeist » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:58 pm

I just checked on recent email APRA header and it looks fine to me. It was processed by gourmet7.spamgourmet.com IP Address: 216.75.62.102
Nothing from China. https://www.findip-address.com/216.75.62.102
Who told you about that other IP?
hausgeist

Postby omatic » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:23 am

Who told you about that other IP?

Well as the image shows, this IP address is indicated by Botscout.com
You just enter the email address in their engine, and they give this IP address, saying it's in China.
omatic

Postby r2d2 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:42 pm

I'm not familiar with the BotScout service. I wonder if a bot in china somehow came up with that email address (have you used it anywhere else) and tried to register somewhere? That could explain why it got flagged as china. The BotScout service might log the email and ip address it came from into their database. That's just a random guess.
r2d2

Postby Laurent C. » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:51 am

Hi Omatic

Unfortunately, you could have been hacked :(

None of my SpamGoumet email addresses have your China and Bot problems...

The worst option if nothing else possible : reformat PC / use all new email addresses / ...

Seems also dfgh.net is not banned and not blacklisted and servers are in the US :
https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?ac ... n=toolpage

Regards

--
SEARCH RESULTS FOR 'OISEAUXNET.OMATIC@DFGH.NET'
Your search returned a total of 2 matches
Date Added Name Email IP From
2020-06-18 04:35 PM oiseauxnet.omatic oiseauxnet.omatic@dfgh.net 120.40.130.70 China
2020-06-18 04:25 PM oiseauxnet.omatic oiseauxnet.omatic@dfgh.net 120.40.130.70 China
Laurent C.

Postby jgonggrijp » Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:55 pm

To me, this looks like nobody hacked omatic or spamgourmet. There is just a bot in China that somehow learned about the existence of the oiseauxnet.omatic address and decided to spoof it. It did so 5 minutes after omatic created the address, and it did not do the same with other addresses from omatic, which actually seems to suggest that the forum at oiseaux.net itself was hacked.
jgonggrijp

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...