Email comming from mg.gitlab.com rejected by spamgourmet.com

Use this forum to get help.

Email comming from mg.gitlab.com rejected by spamgourmet.com

Postby isbbs.thebluecat » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:30 pm

Dear Spamgourmet Staff,

First of all, thanks for this wonderful service. I use it every day and I am really thankful to Josh and Josiah to build and maintain it.

Secondly, I am sorry to inform you that spamgourmet.com is dropping emails from mg.gitlab.com.

Few weeks ago I tried to register at https://gitlab.com and, as always, i have used my spamgourmet service account.
All went well except when I did not receive the confirmation email at my inbox from Gitlab.
Then I contacted Support of Gitlab.com in order to seek an explanation of why they where blocking a valid email service domain.
The answer they gave me shocked me.

Their message was (I have deleted the confidential data):
Hello XXXXX,

Thanks for providing more information!

I've changed the primary email on your account to isgitlab.XXXXX@spamgourmet.com. However, you are not receiving the reset-password link because spamgourmet.com is blocking emails from our domain mg.gitlab.com with the following error

"code": 421,
"description": "",
"session-seconds": 5.1334099769592285,
"retry-seconds": 600,
"attempt-no": 1,
"message": "Too many concurrent SMTP connections from this IP address; please try again later."

The thing is that spamgourmet.com is blocking the emails and we don't control them.

The only workaround I could suggest is to contact their admins and ask to remove mg.gitlab.com from their blocking list.

Please let us know if you receive a confirmation from the spamgourmet.com side so we could re-attempt sending the password-reset email.

Kind regards,
Artur Salii
Gitlab Inc.

This is not the first time I have retried the password recovery functionality at gitlab.com and/or contacting them in order to make sure it was not their fault.

Please, any admin and/or staff at Spamgourmet.com, can you check if we are not having a email issue with that domain?

Thank you very much.

Awaiting your reply.

A really happy customer of Spamgourmet :)
isbbs.thebluecat

Re: Email comming from mg.gitlab.com rejected by spamgourmet

Postby mux951 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:36 am

Hi.

I got the same problem with the sender "no-reply@s.backerkit.com". This has been an issue since August of 2019 but I only recently realiced it.
I have been in contact with the support team and they also get the error message
Too many concurrent SMTP connections from this IP address; please try again later.

Since I have primarily been using @recursor.net as my address I thought this might be the issue. Therefore I have told the backerkit support to try @spamgourmet.com, but the issue persists.
As I'm using the problematic EMail address also for the communicaion with the backerkit support as well as other services I can confirm it works properly, only @s.backerkit.com seems to have an issue.

I also already notified SysKoll about the issue bt it seems like they didn't have time to look into it, yet.

As far as I understand it, the issue is with the recieving email server from spamgourmet, and not with the sender?
mux951

Postby isbbs.thebluecat » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:30 pm

Hi Mux951,

Yes, that seems to be the issue.

The external senders try to contact Spamgourmet in order to deliver a email, and Spamgourmet (because it is receiving too many emails from that domain) it deny the communication giving back:
Too many concurrent SMTP connections from this IP address; please try again later.

Lets see if any admin and/or staff of Spamgourmet.com can review this issue.

Awaiting your reply.

Best regards,

A really happy customer of Spamgourmet :D
isbbs.thebluecat

Postby lwc » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:00 am

See dedicated topic.
lwc

Postby isbbs.thebluecat » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:18 pm

Hi Lwc and thanks for also linking this issue with yours,

A part from that... we still have to wait for a SpamGourmet Admin to give us some support! ;)

Best regards,

A really happy customer of SpamGourmet
isbbs.thebluecat

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...