Mail forwarding very unreliable

Use this forum to get help.

Re: Mail forwarding very unreliable

Postby katha » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:25 am

Hi,

may be every gmx/web-User writes united internet (their have a contact-formular) that one deletes the accout, if gmx/web is not working really hard to solve the problem. Other e-mail-providers are existing, it's easy to switch to a competitor.

I have done that already and if united internet is not willing to help (or even does'nt answer) I will delete my accounts there.

Together we are strong! One alone will be helpless.
katha

Postby kuru » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:31 pm

ckern wrote:I have an GMX ProMail account and I have the same problems, started a few months ago.
Some mails got lost, some mails got even rejected, most ones take hours to arrive.
I always thought Spamgourmet's performances had degraded: Today I learned from this thread here that I'm not alone and that it is specific to GMX/web.de customers.
Since I'm a paying customer of GMX, I reported the problem today to GMX's support. I'll let you know what happens.

BTW: In the meantime, I changed the target address from GMX to my mailbox.org address => No problem anymore. Mails arrive instantly.
But I'll see what GMX will tell me ...

I have a GMX free account and I have the same problem.
First I thought it's because of spamgourmet not working, but reading this it seems that it's GMX fault. I was wondering why the messages always ticked down, but I never got a mail - at least most of tthe time.
Sometimes I get all messages delivered to an address, sometimes I get part of them, most of the time I don't get any. When creating a new disposable address most of the time I don't get any mail, sometimes a new address gets one.
I have tried to figure out the problem (usage of underscores, address name length, used domain, number of max mails, etc.), but I don't see anything that would match between the ones I got mails and those I didn't.
kuru

Postby fgg » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:49 pm

Hi,
same problem here.

Solution:
1. I registered a outlook account,
2. entered the outlook account protected address in my SG account
3. auto-collect my outlook email with my gmx account (Sammeldienst)

emails sent to my SG addresses show up after several minutes or even hours, as the gmx mail collection is only triggered from time to time.
You can manually trigger the mail collection by logging in to the gmx web site and checking mail there.
Replying to collected SG mails (with address translation) seems also to work.

Mail forwarding from that outlook account would be much better, but gmx refused forwarded SG mails :-(

Not a nice solution but it seems to work reliably.

Regards
fgg

Postby pbl987 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:34 pm

Re: Not forwarding mails to yahoo.it
Postby pbl987 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:57 am

I have the same problem with german provider GMX.

Emails from alias A didnt get forwarded.
I then created alias B, which got forwarded, so i first assumed its only a problem with the sender or something.
Then i created alias C, and i am now not getting SG emails from this one again.

Someone pls help!

I have written this in another thread, but this one seems to be the 'main' thread.
The problem is still there.
Any news?
pbl987

Postby sengsational » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:09 pm

I was trying to get an email security loop done and I wasn't getting the code. My first thought was that they'd blacklisted the domain of my SG email, but then, after 1/2 hour or so, one (of the many) emails came through. Wow, I'd always trusted SG and never had reason to think that forwarding wasn't working, but in this case, I think that's happening.

I'm going to change my trusted email and see if that helps.

ETA: Well, that didn't help. At least it didn't come through right away.
sengsational

Postby katha » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:20 pm

Hi,

months ago I left gmx and was really satisfied with www.mail.de
Meanwhile the problem occured there as well.
Not receving Emails sent from companies to spamgourmet and not forwarded to my email-account at mail.de

Even new created mails not work, they are just eaten, without been shown at the spamgourmet-addresses.

I have used spamgourmet since more than 15 years and I was so happy, that spamgourmet existed. Unfortunately I am just a dump user.
katha

Previous

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...