Mail forwarding very unreliable

Use this forum to get help.

Re: Mail forwarding very unreliable

Postby Beneter » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:32 pm

lwc wrote:Did you try a different protected address?.

Just did.

Mail 1: I send a first e-mail from gmx.de via spamgourmet to the protected address at gmx.de. This did not go through as expected.
I changed my protected address to gmail.com.
Mail 2: I send a second e-mail from gmail.com via spamgourmet to the protected address at gmail.com. I received it immediate at gmail.com.
Mail 3: I send a third e-mail from gmx.de via spamgourmet to the protected address at gmail.com. I received it immediate at gmail.com.

Conclusion: Somehow spamgourmet is only sporadically able to send mails to United Internet. Sending from United Internet is working as expected.

BTW: I am receiving some bounces from gourmet7.spamgourmet.com for my test-mails with the following error-message:
Code: Select all
    Delay reason: H=mx01.emig.gmx.net [212.227.17.5]:
    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<XXXX@gmx.de>:
    450-Requested mail action not taken: mail

Unfortunately I do not know what might cause it.

PS: And now... how do I change my protected address back to gmx.de without being able to confirm it? :roll:
Beneter

Postby johnny1000 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:53 am

An other user already tried changing the protected address to a non-gmx address on a server of his own. The problem persisted.
https://bbs.spamgourmet.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1804&sid=6f63e9b8f6e2f5e0ea63b10962130afa&sid=6f63e9b8f6e2f5e0ea63b10962130afa#p8418

Just to make sure, I have just changed my protected address to a gmail.com address.
I will get back with the results, but it may take a few days.

Best regards
Johnny :)
johnny1000

Postby johnny1000 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:00 am

@Beneter: You may have luck changing back to gmx.de if you are patient and wait for spamgourmet's address change notification mail. While some messages seem to never get through, others do get through, but with a long delay.

Best regards
johnny1000

Postby spatz123 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:39 pm

I've also been having problems for several months now. It seems that none of the mails I send from one of my sg addresses ever makes it to the intended receiver. Lately I also seem to not receive mails from a few senders, at least I never got replies from them to messages submitted to them via their websites or "forgotten password" requests even though their website states that they have just sent me a link to reset my password.
spatz123

Postby stisev » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:43 am

Spamgourmet has been essentially offline for about 2 weeks now. I've managed to move 98% of my 400 logins but there are select logins that don't let you change without email verification (sigh).

i've spent about 12 hours changing everything. It magically went back online then back offline. Spamgourmet had a wonderful run and I am deeply thankful for everything Josh has given us over the years. Email is an all or nothing phenomenon.
stisev

Postby x79 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:38 am

Today I noticed that I am receiving email immediately again. I am also able to receive email with attachments. :)
x79

Postby Duckjibe » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:08 pm

Hey there,

I cannot confirm a proper working.
Mails missing and get rejected.

What me really confuses is the fact that there is no official statement
what will happen with the problem. Issues can happen, but currently
everything is absolute intransparent.
Is anybody working on it, will a update coming, can we wait or will SG get stopped?
Is money missing or knowledge? I have no glue.

I'm not sure what scares me more, the unreliablity or the fact of no information.

Unfortunatly, like already mentioned some posts above, mail is black or white.
If its unreliable its not usable... sadly.

Regards
Duckjibe

Postby lwc » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:04 am

Beneter wrote:
lwc wrote:Did you try a different protected address?.

Just did.

Mail 1: I send a first e-mail from gmx.de via spamgourmet to the protected address at gmx.de. This did not go through as expected.
I changed my protected address to gmail.com.
Mail 2: I send a second e-mail from gmail.com via spamgourmet to the protected address at gmail.com. I received it immediate at gmail.com.
Mail 3: I send a third e-mail from gmx.de via spamgourmet to the protected address at gmail.com. I received it immediate at gmail.com.

Duckjibe wrote:Unfortunatly, like already mentioned some posts above, mail is black or white.

The quote above yours shows it's not exactly black and white.
I suggest you try another protected address too.

It's far from perfect, but it might get your mail back.
lwc

Postby mUbscom » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:08 am

Duckjibe wrote:I'm not sure what scares me more, the unreliablity or the fact of no information.

That's the point.
This is a 2 page thread with really some serious issues reported, and there's in fact no official response for weeks now.
I trusted spamgourmet and used it also for services that are crucial.
Although I did not recognize any of the named problems so far, it sadly seems that I have to reconsider my email strategy.
mUbscom

Postby Beneter » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:04 pm

Hi everyone,

I am in direct contact with josiah and he is looking into it. I also am trying to support him from my side.
For now it probably does make sense to switch your protected adress to another provider temporarily.

Best regards,
Beneter
Beneter

Postby Duckjibe » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:19 pm

Hi,

@Beneter: Thanks for this information and your support to it.

@lwc: I switched now from GMX to Gmail.

Let's see.

Duckjibe

Postby mUbscom » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:52 am

Beneter wrote:For now it probably does make sense to switch your protected adress to another provider temporarily.

Does that mean that you see the problem with the provider and not in the spamgourmet system? That would also explain why I don't have any problems myself, since I don't use united domain as provider for my email address.

(thanks for supporting)
mUbscom

Postby Beneter » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:41 pm

mUbscom wrote:
Beneter wrote:

Does that mean that you see the problem with the provider and not in the spamgourmet system?
(thanks for supporting)

As of now I am not fully able to be sure. But the SMTP-Error 450 implies, that the destination was reached but did not accept the mail. This might be the case when the Spamgourmet Server is Black- (or mabe even Grey-) Listed.

I am asking josiah for detailed error logs and try to reach out to united internet in german language.
I will post a ticket-number here you could be referencing in your own issues, if this would be needed.
Beneter

Postby johnny1000 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:57 pm

As a follow up on https://bbs.spamgourmet.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1804&start=15&sid=fe884dddabf175d63b6415176af29cd0&sid=fe884dddabf175d63b6415176af29cd0#p8453:
Since April 15, when I changed from a @gmx.com to a @gmail.com address, I seem to have recieved all email without any long delays.
I was about to try to change back to my @gmx.com address, but reading the thread posts since April 15, I don't dare to do that yet.
Best regards :)
johnny1000

Postby johnny1000 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:05 pm

Has anyone contacted United Internet to ask if anything spamgourmet has been black/greylisted?
Best regards :)
johnny1000

PreviousNext

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...