Emails from spamgourmet show as "unsupported" in Tutanota

Use this forum to get help.

Emails from spamgourmet show as "unsupported" in Tutanota

Postby xxxxme » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:58 pm

Messages sent through Spamgourmet now arrive in my spam folder in Tutanota, as attachments to an email from the provider saying,
Tutanota wrote:Dear Tutanota user,

we have received a mail that does not respect internet standards and is currently not supported by Tutanota.

The unsupported mail has been attached to this notification message and you may be able to open the attached mail with an external mail program like Thunderbird, Outlook or Apple Mail.

This notification email was delivered to your spam folder intentionally because emails that do not respect internet standards are most often spam.

Best,
Your Tutanota team.

To test this, I sent from a different address an email with a short subject and one plain text line in the body: one copy directly to my address, one through e4ward, and one through SG. The first two arrived marked "{Spam?}", but the SG one arrived as an attachment to an email from the provider as shown above. Has something changed in the way SG sends its email, or has something changed with my provider?

I received correctly an email through SG at approximately 10:23 am EST on Dec 14, but two arriving before that and two after didn't come through correctly.

Edit: As of December 21, the majority of emails forwarded through SG arrive in the spam folder labelled "Unsupported mail".
xxxxme

Re: Emails from spamgourmet show as "unsupported" in Tutanot

Postby xxxxme » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:36 pm

My email provider's support says,
Hi,

Yes, that's a misconfiguration on their part. You can download the .eml and open it in a mail cient, e.g. Thunderbird. Hope this helps!

Could something be done about this?
xxxxme

Postby ragingdragon » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:46 pm

I don't think there's been any active development on spamgourmet for the last year. It's possible that e4ward is following a different way to forward. Are you trying with reply address masking enabled or disabled? Might want to try switching and see if that changes anything.
ragingdragon

Postby SysKoll » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:50 pm

Can you (or rather Tutanota) be more precise? What exactly is the misconfiguration? Can you post that eml file?
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...