gmail selectively blocks spamgourmet email from linkedin

Use this forum to get help.

gmail selectively blocks spamgourmet email from linkedin

Postby chocochoco » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:17 pm

I am setting up a linkedin account. I use a spamgourmet address. Linkedin says all is well. Confirmation Email never comes. I resend the confirmation email, and even try password reset a few times. No email.

My first guess is that linkedin is not actually sending the emails, just pretending to because it is blacklisting.

However, I go to spamgourmet, and not only did the new account get created, but it is deducting one email from my forward limit for each linkedin email I request. So spamgourmet appears to be getting and forwarding the emails, but Gmail is not accepting.

(Yes I checked all my subsidiary folders, spam, promotions, etc. Nothing from linked in anywhere I could see.)

I try sending to the email address from another account, non gmail. The email arrives without incident. So the linkedin email address is working, and gmail recognizes it.

But linkedin never arrives, even though it appears to be being sent.

Where is the problem, and what do I do? I don't really understand the finer points, but from what I understand, this should be impossible.
chocochoco

Re: gmail selectively blocks spamgourmet email from linkedin

Postby chocochoco » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:28 pm

I was able to set up linkedin by using a different spamgourmet address that goes to a different, nongmail account. So the problem is specific to gmail, as far as I can see.
chocochoco

Re: gmail selectively blocks spamgourmet email from linkedin

Postby josh » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:11 pm

It could be the way that spamgourmet is (not gracefully) dealing with DMARC rules. Sometimes turning on or off reply address masking can be a workaround.
josh

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...